DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Livestreaming; choices are now limited

Former Member

Reactions
I have thousands of flights and have used FB livestream for a long time. Something changed, and I think it must be how DJI Go interacts with Facebook, and also Youtube. Now, I cant livestream to either social media, and Im just wondering what other options we now have to livestream?

DJI Go 4 offers the ability to stream to FB, YT, Weibo, or Custom RTMP.

Here is what I see when looking at www.Weibo.com

Weibo.jpg

Suffice it to say, Im not going to do my livestreaming through Weibo.

So, what are our options now? I tried to start livestreaming in Youtube, then switch to DJI Go 4, but YT livestreaming just stops recording when I switch apps. Ditto with Facebook.

Im wondering if these companies are shutting down DJI livestreams, or is it a problem with the DJI Go 4 app? Either way, we have lost a valuable feature in the DJI Go 4 app.

There have been some heat put on Facebook for their live-streaming policy since the New Zealand nut job live streamed his massacre last month. I wonder if that has changed anything?

There have been some heat put on Facebook for their live-streaming policy since the New Zealand nut job live streamed his massacre last month. I wonder if that has changed anything?

Its anyones guess. I just hope it gets resolved.

Im sorry for the massacre victims and their families.

Australia has passed legislation in the last few days that will impact live streaming among otber things on the net. Could see executives jailed. All a result of the Christchurch massacre

Reactions: Former Member
After testing Livestreaming on both Facebook and Youtube this morning, I have determined that the lack of DJIG4's ability to Livestream is a DJI Go 4 problem. It used to work but now it doesnt.

Livestreaming works fine when on the FB or YT sites or apps, but doesnt work any longer in conjunction with DJI Go 4.

Reactions: FL AV8R
I haven’t tried streaming to youtube in a while from my M2P, although I did recently try from my phone and was disappointed to find out I no longer could. The message I got was:

2ee47e49fea104ce51afe6f11ff482cf.jpg

After tapping “Learn More” the explanation was:

[emoji615]️ We’ve recently raised the threshold for YouTube Live with a mobile device. To be able to live stream on mobile, your channel will need to have at least 1,000 subscribers.

Note that this eligibility threshold does not apply to other live streaming tools. Creators who have less than 1,000 subscribers will still be able to live stream through desktop and webcam.

I found a solution to YouTube option being disabled, and that is to use the custom RTMP server instead. It worked fairly well from the fifteen or so minutes I tried it yesterday. Occasionally the quality on the YouTube stream degrades a bit, but overall the picture looked decent.

Last edited:
I found a solution to YouTube option being disabled, and that is to use the custom RMTP server instead. It worked fairly well from the fifteen or so minutes I tried it yesterday. Occasionally the quality on the YouTube stream degrades a bit, but overall the picture looked decent.

Can you tell me what settings you used?

Can you tell me what settings you used?

It took a bit of figuring out initially, so to save everyone frustration I put together a little tutorial:

1. Login to YouTube on your computer and at the top click on "Create Video or Post" followed by "Go live"

( Upon clicking "Go live" you should be taken to the "Manage" page and a "Stream preview" dialog should pop up. )

2. Copy/Paste or write down the "Stream URL" and "Stream name/key" (you'll need it for DJI Go 4 app)
optional: adjust privacy settings here also (public/unlisted/private).

3. On DJI Go 4 app, tap "General Settings" > "Live Streaming" > "Select Live Broadcast Platform"

4. On the following screen tap "RTMP Custom"

5. Input the YouTube "Stream URL" and "Stream name/key" from step 2 in the text box.
(in the format of "url/key")

6. Hit "Next" and you should be ready to broadcast from the Mavic 2 Pro to YouTube.

7. On YouTube click the "Go Live" button — which should now be enabled.
(located on "Stream preview" dialog from step 2)

Congrats! You should be live streaming from your Mavic 2 Pro to YouTube via RTMP!

Last edited:
It took a bit of figuring out initially, so to save everyone frustration I put together a little tutorial:

1. Login to YouTube on your computer and at the top click on "Create Video or Post" followed by "Go live"

View attachment 70253

( Upon clicking "Go live" you should be taken to the "Manage" page and a "Stream preview" dialog should pop up. )

2. Copy/Paste or write down the "Stream URL" and "Stream name/key" (you'll need it for DJI Go 4 app)
optional: adjust privacy settings here also (public/unlisted/private).

View attachment 70254

3. On DJI Go 4 app, tap "General Settings" > "Live Streaming" > "Select Live Broadcast Platform"

View attachment 70255

4. On the following screen tap "RMTP Custom"

View attachment 70256

5. Input the YouTube "Stream URL" and "Stream name/key" from step 2 in the text box.
(in the format of "url/key")

View attachment 70257

6. Hit "Next" and you should be ready to broadcast from the Mavic 2 Pro to YouTube.

7. On YouTube click the "Go Live" button — which should now be enabled.
(located on "Stream preview" dialog from step 2)

Congrats! You should be live streaming from your Mavic 2 Pro to YouTube via RMTP!

Great work!!!!!!!

Reactions: Aether
Have you noticed that lately the delay ?
I think its still quite normal..
the very least is for it to work. Btw, I manage to stream slightly more than an hour without flying the bird. No issues at all

Do you know of any platform capable of live streaming 4K videos?

Anyone tried Livestreaming from their Smartcontroller?

I have. It works if I can connect to strong WiFi at home. However, I had trouble at the beach where there is no WiFi, so I tried using a phone hotspot. Screen on the smart controller went black. Weird. I will try again another time, but for now not sure what to do if I can’t connect to good WiFi. Out in nature, it seems our only option is a phone hotspot, but I’m open to suggestions!

Worked like a champ at home with good WiFi. I concor that YouTube doesn’t work. I tried, but it seems to be blocked.

The link to my footage:

I have. It works if I can connect to strong WiFi at home. However, I had trouble at the beach where there is no WiFi, so I tried using a phone hotspot. Screen on the smart controller went black. Weird. I will try again another time, but for now not sure what to do if I can’t connect to good WiFi. Out in nature, it seems our only option is a phone hotspot, but I’m open to suggestions!

Worked like a champ at home with good WiFi. I concor that YouTube doesn’t work. I tried, but it seems to be blocked.

The link to my footage:
Good information.

I live stream on Periscope with my M2Z, using the custom RTMP. However it does not always play nice when using Periscope Producer because the minimum camera requirement is 720p @30fps. M2Z minimum is 1080. Sometimes it live-streams perfectly and sometimes it lags and or glitches.

Reactions: Bl@ckj@ck
Stream to Instagram on Android using InstagramLive-PHP and VLC as a middle-man:

Code:
adb tcpip 5555
adb connect 192.168.??.??:5555
START "" /B /D ".\InstagramLive-PHP-master\" php "goLive.php"
adb exec-out "while true; do screenrecord --bit-rate=16m --output-format=h264 --time-limit 180 -; done" | vlc --demux h264 --h264-fps=60 --clock-jitter=0 -

Hello @Aether ! I just tried your tutorial to live stream to YT and if I use main stream URL rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/stream-key it never connects. But if I use YT backup server URL rtmp://b.rtmp.youtube.com/live2?backup=1 it actually connects immediately, but I never get the live stream in YT, always showing that I need to connect it. Has anyone lately managed to solve this?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3