DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loading mission waypoints

Evo

Reactions
When I complete a waypoint mission on my computer and load to my Mavic Pro will it be saved for later use or is it a one time use, then when I want to run the mission again I would have to load it again? Thanks in advance!

I may be wrong but I do not believe the missions are stored on your drone. Typically as I understand it, you’re missions are accessed through the device that is connected to your controller such as your iPhone or android device. Missions are then transmitted from your connected device to your drone to initiate your way point mission.

A waypoint mission is loaded onto the aircraft and is executed there without any steering from the remote or the connected phone/tablet. Once the mission has been accomplished or has been aborted by the pilot it needs to be loaded again to re-run.

A waypoint mission is loaded onto the aircraft and is executed there without any steering from the remote or the connected phone/tablet. Once the mission has been accomplished or has been aborted by the pilot it needs to be loaded again to re-run.
Is litchi App the only current way to load a mission without having to fly it first ?
we currently assess maximum distance with radio transmission conectivity distance, so is it correct to think loaded mission could accomplish larger distances, considering of course the battery capacity ?
For example:
A typical use case : flying in line of sight with controller signal : 2.5 to 3 miles safely

The considered scenario : flying in line of sight a loaded mission within waypoints at distances controller signal would probably disappear : how much ?

Last edited:
Is litchi App the only current way to load a mission without having to fly it first ?
we currently assess maximum distance with radio transmission conectivity distance, so is it correct to think loaded mission could accomplish larger distances, considering of course the battery capacity ?
For example:
A typical use case : flying in line of sight with controller signal : 2.5 to 3 miles safely

The considered scenario : flying in line of sight a loaded mission within waypoints at distances controller signal would probably disappear : how much ?

Autopilot would be an alternative app to fly missions without flying it manually first. In case your bird is executing a mission it continues to do so even in a case of signal loss. A cool feature that can become freaking dangerous fast. I recommend keeping VLOS and signal connectivity for safety reasons.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS