DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Local Data Mode - how to set?

RotatingBirds

Reactions
So I've done a bunch of googling and there's online instructions on how to do this (some say go into profile, others say settings) yet I just cannot find any option to set Local Data Mode on my DJI Fly app (which, incidentally, is fully updated).

I guess I'm being incredibly thick (or blind) but would anyone care to give me any pointers please?

If I recall correctly, you lose access to maps in local data mode. There were several losses of normal functionality that made it less than appealing, despite its anonymity.

If I recall correctly, you lose access to maps in local data mode. There were several losses of normal functionality that made it less than appealing, despite its anonymity.
Correct, because of the maps not showing I had turn it off again a long time ago.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I go into Data Mode, and turn off Local Data Mode (slide the button to what I take is the OFF position on the left), and it still comes up that I can't do much of anything in LOCAL DATA MODE. How do I actually disable that notification?

So I was finally able to turn Local Data Mode off. But once you slide the button to the left, you have to get the message to CONFIRM that you want to do it, or it will just slide itself back to ON again. Make sure you get the message to CONFIRM and click on it. Several times when I tried to turn Local Data Mode off, I did not get that message to choose CONFIRM.

When local data mode is on I don't understand why the map vanishes - when using my smartphone for other things I can, for example, use Google Maps and see my location pinpointed via GPS even though I have my data connection turned off and no WiFi in the area. So why won't DJI Fly show a map when local data mode is on? Is there no way to show the map and location with local data mode on?

When local data mode is on I don't understand why the map vanishes - when using my smartphone for other things I can, for example, use Google Maps and see my location pinpointed via GPS even though I have my data connection turned off and no WiFi in the area. So why won't DJI Fly show a map when local data mode is on? Is there no way to show the map and location with local data mode on?
As I understand it, the whole point of local data mode is to fly without location information being recorded. That requires the map to be off, or the location would otherwise be recorded in the flight log.

True, but if the system is offline the flight log can't be uploaded so there's no privacy concerns there. Besides which, the flight log could always be deleted if required. It just seems a bit over the top to not show the map.

As I understand it, the whole point of local data mode is to fly without location information being recorded. That requires the map to be off, or the location would otherwise be recorded in the flight log.
The map and position could still be displayed live, just not recorded or uploaded. No reason to hide the map completely.

Wouldn't surprise me!

Is there an alternative to DJI Fly which will display map and position live in local data mode?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom