DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

location to fly drone in Weymouth or near by 02190 zip codes

Reactions
hi all,

I am very new to drone. just recently few days back I bought my very first drone Mavic AIR and am dying to do my first maiden flight. I have saw many tutorial videos and got my drone set up done completely and ready to fly.

but i am to find a perfect spot / location near my zip code 02190. can anyone please help to to find a near by location where i can fly my drone safely ?

thanks Jocolon for response
I live in south Weymouth, .can you help me finidng some exact location address where I can test my first flight

exact location

Your neighbor may have different thoughts, that's good because he is local.

I suggest if you can locate a sports complex that is NOT being used or a ball field that is not being used they are good places to learn.
If you haven't seen it suggested the UAV Forecast app will give you a wind profile above ground level (AGL) I also like Ventusky app as it gives you an idea of wind patterns around you that might sneak up and bite you.

I would fly it in Quincy at Wollaston beach or squantum. Would get some great footage but check it on Airmaps first.

I would fly it in Quincy at Wollaston beach or squantum. Would get some great footage but check it on Airmaps first.
thanks guys -

Sky, thanks for suggesting Quincy Wollaston beach location. its one of the best to fly and came to mind earlier, however, when selecting that location on B4UFly app, it gives NO fly zone warning and says it's within 5 mile radius with Airport.. do you still suggest me to try there ?

if NOT, where else I can try. I am OK for any drone safe fly location within 25 mile radius of QUINCY / WEYMOUTH area ?

I am mainly looking quite open space with safe fly zone... I am difficulty finding such location through any app /websites, which is quite annoying...

Did you try Cohasset harbor and video Scituate Glades area, and get some shots of Boston Harbor. Stay low and close to shore so you are not in the pattern for Logan.

when you get the within 5 miles, call for clearance. I see a lot of areas you can fly AirMap Web App
Also check with the AMA see if there is a club field you can go to.

Last edited:
as we are moving closer to spring / summer, I was willing to fly my mavic air first time. I have yet not able to succeed flying / testing the same.
I was wondering, if any one up team up and flying done in QUINCY / Boston / Weymouth MA near by areas ? I am ok to drive near by distance. please let me know if anyone up for this. or suggest any quite testing location

I grew up in 02190 . Try the old air base . Plenty of room and there are others flying there sometimes also . If you are on one of the old runways, the rebar will affect the compass so , just be mindful of where you're at if you're having issues at all . Funny thing is I used to see the big planes with the radar on top take off and land here and jets practicing ,too back in the 70's and 80's .

I grew up in 02190 . Try the old air base . Plenty of room and there are others flying there sometimes also . If you are on one of the old runways, the rebar will affect the compass so , just be mindful of where you're at if you're having issues at all . Funny thing is I used to see the big planes with the radar on top take off and land here and jets practicing ,too back in the 70's and 80's .

thanks @ZoSo1 for sharing that, I am living there since 2014.
further for old airbase, I went to southfield couple of weeks back, tried to make my first flight, but unfortunately I couldn't able to because I got stuck with compass calibration error. It keeps on saying "strong magnetic field, unable to calibrate successfully" message and thus I was never able to fly till now..
I went to open area near to hockey court/ opposite to MASSLITE community buildings.

May be I went to wrong area there with strong magnetic field or may be because I was wearing FITBIT tracker and thus failed the calibration.

So, can you suggest me specific area / location within southfield (old airbase) where others fly/flown or you have flown successfully.
I wanna try there again in next near coming "good day to fly" day.

all, please help me with your response.

thanks @ZoSo1 for sharing that, I am living there since 2014.
further for old airbase, I went to southfield couple of weeks back, tried to make my first flight, but unfortunately I couldn't able to because I got stuck with compass calibration error. It keeps on saying "strong magnetic field, unable to calibrate successfully" message and thus I was never able to fly till now..
I went to open area near to hockey court/ opposite to MASSLITE community buildings.

May be I went to wrong area there with strong magnetic field or may be because I was wearing FITBIT tracker and thus failed the calibration.

So, can you suggest me specific area / location within southfield (old airbase) where others fly/flown or you have flown successfully.
I wanna try there again in next near coming "good day to fly" day.

all, please help me with your response.

Near the fake storefronts is a bad place . A few hundred feet to the right of the hockey rink/storefronts is another former road . Last time I flew it was ok there . Just might go there today .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98