DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lol, another item to add to the checklist

Hertzdonut

Reactions
I was just ready to launch after preflight yesterday, but my screen (iPad 7th gen, 7") was basically blank (white, not black or whatever). It was very strange, as the icons were visible and functioning. I closed DJI Fly, swiped up to release it from memory, and launched the app again. Same white screen with icons. I could go between screens, everything appeared as close to normal as possible, except that my screen was still white. I shut my MA2 battery off, rebooted. Still the same.

Hm. Head scratcher.

Until I realized my camera was set to manual and 1 sec exposure...Hoo boy. *red face* Switched it to auto, of course, which solved my "problem". Yep...one more for the checklist. ;)

- Jeff

Well, PhiliusFoggg, glad to know I'm not the only one!

My frustration was compounded by the fact that passersby were asking me questions, how hard is to fly, how far can it go...stuff like that. At the same time, I'm trying to act nonchalant and answer their questions, meanwhile racking my brain for WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY SCREEN? 🤣

I'm trying to act nonchalant and answer their questions, meanwhile racking my brain for WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY SCREEN? 🤣
I recently had four people hanging over my shoulders asking me questions while I was setting up getting ready to fly. First time ever, I kept getting an error messages telling me the drone isn't connected.

Huh? Why? Did I finally break off that flimsy little USB tab on the Mini's controller? Or has the USB cable to the phone gone bad? Unplug that, plug it back in again...

Still no connection! Oh no. Panic setting in. What could possibly be wrong?

Duh, try switching the controller ON. It works better that way. D'oh!

Phew.

Ahh yes the "I didn't hold the button long enough during the second press" syndrome, deadly!
It's really bad for me with the Mavic 2, I think it's the fancy display on the controller's screen that does it for me.

Reactions: Zbip57
Ahh yes the "I didn't hold the button long enough during the second press" syndrome, deadly!
It's really bad for me with the Mavic 2, I think it's the fancy display on the controller's screen that does it for me.
I did even less than that before...completely forgot to turn on the controller. :oops:

I think the biggest brain farts occur with the gimbal cover, had drone almost a year and still forget sometimes.....

Reactions: Gagey52
I think the biggest brain farts occur with the gimbal cover, had drone almost a year and still forget sometimes.....
With the Mavic Mini I have a piece of orange tape stuck to the cover, the tape protrudes to form a flap which covers the power button.
With the m2p I have a red garter that goes around the cover and drone.
Others attach a strap, which dangles, to the gimbal cover.

With the Mavic Mini I have a piece of orange tape stuck to the cover, the tape protrudes to form a flap which covers the power button.
With the m2p I have a red garter that goes around the cover and drone.
Others attach a strap, which dangles, to the gimbal cover.
I like the idea of adding a piece of easily visible tape, something that would stick up a bit. I would know in an instant if I missed that step!

I simply spray painted my gimbal lock orange... haven't forgotten it since.

On my P3P I attached one of those red flags like goes on the pitot tube of a manned AC that reads 'remove before flight' :)

Reactions: Hertzdonut
My biggest is forgetting to press record. That happens far too often.
oh, man! i feel you... often times after completing orbit or any nice shot on object, i looked my screen... "man, that's nice sho...wait? did i forget to hit record??".. and.. retake...

now i always hit record before takeoff...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98