DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long Exposure Night Shots Unable to edit DNG files

ezumphoto

Reactions
I have had my Mavic Pro since March and have taken about 2,600 pics with it. Just started doing some night shots. My problem is that I am unable to edit any of my night shots in Lightroom CC. When I go into the develop mode in lightroom it says, "The file appears to be unsupported or damaged." This is only happening on my night shots. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hate to say it but I think your memory card is gonna need to be formatted or you might actually need a new one.

Same problem here. Tried 4 different cards already, anyone worked. It seems, however, to be a Mavic FW issue, well known since .800 version. Tried on Lightroom, on Photoshop... There is no way to open my DNG files... More than 1200 pics, already.

Same problem here. Tried 4 different cards already, anyone worked. It seems, however, to be a Mavic FW issue, well known since .800 version. Tried on Lightroom, on Photoshop... There is no way to open my DNG files... More than 1200 pics, already.
If one of us finds a fix defiantly post it here.

I convert DNG to JPG
The Mavic camera is 12MP whether you use Manual focus or Auto
Very few of my pictures are Keepers
...................................But that just might be me at my skill level
Still injoy Mavic Wish i could produce better Pic's.......That is all.........C

I convert DNG to JPG
The Mavic camera is 12MP whether you use Manual focus or Auto
Very few of my pictures are Keepers
...................................But that just might be me at my skill level
Still injoy Mavic Wish i could produce better Pic's.......That is all.........C

Downsizing the picture format might fix the problem. Charles have you tried tripod mode with the AFC mode on, I find it to be a very useful combo

Reactions: charliesRig
Downsizing the picture format might fix the problem. Charles have you tried tripod mode with the AFC mode on, I find it to be a very useful combo

Have not (Tripod on Auto) RAW or DNG.?
It's Not so much the Focus
It's more the Saturation/Sharpness/Color/Contrast
I do not use a Filter
My Setting are (1+) (0) (0) ...
I'm using a Lexar 663X 64GB....was using The SD Extream 64GB (Gold/red)
I'll admit I'm new and don't know what i'm doing and don't have a fancy Editor Program
But again most of my Shots are real Dog Poo
Thanks for the advice will try That out
............C

Have not (Tripod on Auto) RAW or DNG.?
It's Not so much the Focus
It's more the Saturation/Sharpness/Color/Contrast
I do not use a Filter
My Setting are (1+) (0) (0) ...
I'm using a Lexar 663X 64GB....was using The SD Extream 64GB (Gold/red)
I'll admit I'm new and don't know what i'm doing and don't have a fancy Editor Program
But again most of my Shots are real Dog Poo
Thanks for the advice will try That out
............C

I use D-cinelike as my color or whatever they call it
I dont have any ND filters yet
I have C1 set as my center focus button so that way even though it auto focuses I can keep the horizon crispy
I usually shoot in HDR, 16:9 aspect ratio, I use the K scale for the white balance most times, and just like my canon I shoot in Jpeg+RAW
As far as the saturation/sharpness/color/contrast I watched a few youtube vids but I messed around with it until I got it where I like it.

Downsizing to a jpeg I am still unable to edit the pics.

I run my raw shots through Adobe DNG Converter, free download from Adobe. I use PhotoShop cs4 and get "The file appears to be unsupported or damaged." if I don't convert.

From their site.
The Adobe DNG Converter enables you to easily convert camera-specific raw files from supported cameras to a more universal DNG raw file.

I run my raw shots through Adobe DNG Converter, free download from Adobe. I use PhotoShop cs4 and get "The file appears to be unsupported or damaged." if I don't convert.

From their site.
The Adobe DNG Converter enables you to easily convert camera-specific raw files from supported cameras to a more universal DNG raw file.

I run Lightroom CC, last I checked it does it automatically. But that DNG converter does work and very well I might add

Sorry if I'm off topic abit....... on "LoveJoy's" advice
i read up about Tryiod mode I'm running Firmware .700
No tripod mode...
Youtube Say i can get the same effect as tripod mode By turning down my setting
in EXP slowing the craft down to 4-6mph..... I just don't want to get in a Pinch and wish i had not messed with The EXP setting I feel like my mavic is Dialed in and Flys right
Still now time from time to time seem like unresponsive for no apparent reason Just hangs there
waiting for me to get stupid ANYWAY..........
Let me post some I candy this is the best I can do for Now
shot this in RAW sunlight, 1+0 0 watching the graft 60 SP expos 600 for the Mt shot 1000 for the water
no Edit
Thank again for the advice loveJoy .....Sibcribe to this thread ....C...
DJI_00471111.jpg

DJI_0112111.jpg

Sorry if I'm off topic abit....... on "LoveJoy's" advice
i read up about Tryiod mode I'm running Firmware .700
No tripod mode...
Youtube Say i can get the same effect as tripod mode By turning down my setting
in EXP slowing the craft down to 4-6mph..... I just don't want to get in a Pinch and wish i had not messed with The EXP setting I feel like my mavic is Dialed in and Flys right
Still now time from time to time seem like unresponsive for no apparent reason Just hangs there
waiting for me to get stupid ANYWAY..........
Let me post some I candy this is the best I can do for Now
shot this in RAW sunlight, 1+0 0 watching the graft 60 SP expos 600 for the Mt shot 1000 for the water
no Edit
Thank again for the advice loveJoy .....Sibcribe to this thread ....C...
View attachment 17753

View attachment 17754

More than welcome man. I see you got the cotton candy skies goin' on. If you dont like settings you can always reset them and start over you know. But i'm glad you got the results you were looking for and the pictures look great also. Do you use any post editing software (lightroom, iPhoto, etc.) ?

Non........ just resize in Paint ....(when my dialup allows) kidding
that's my go to I'll chop or resize in paint and post to Photobucket(what a mistake)

.took this a yr ago shot with a sony100 II manual and would edit while shooting basic ISO/Shutter speed
always in JPG never in RAW(dng)
and Edit it in paint (resized chopped)
20150705_055906_zpsf3kpbu2g.jpg
I've used GIMP...photoshop
Have edited a couple MP4 with Movie Maker posted to youtube Horrible stuff
I just shooting a video keep it under 3 minutes and post to Youtube no Edit
If you have any Recomendation for a good editor I'm all ears I'm like a sponge.!

Here's a video I did 3 yrs ago (found my fathers old work truck and brought it back to life)

I've been using Lightroom and just recently Adobe Premiere Pro.

Here's some light stuff I did a few days ago. Just some slight enriching of the colors and some trimming

19554907_10213519343922458_3714480604709882496_n.jpg

19554544_10213622924031896_7455161496982316290_n.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov