DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long exposure over Savannah, Ga.

FriendlyPeebs

Reactions
5328784421ed131c320b651275269c18.jpg

Went up on top of a parking garage, not the best vantage point, but I was mostly testing out the multiple-second length exposures. I was pleased!

Please explain the procedure for taking long exposure shots?

For me, it was:

Find a not windy day, compose the shot, enter manual camera settings and adjust until the image looks good, fire away.

This photo is unedited, but if you have Photoshop, changing the photo file type to RAW will make photos like this easier to adjust.

Try this exact same thing, with a darker shutter speed and set the photo to AEB 5 shots. Then compile those 5 together in lightroom, activate the Ghost settings to get those cars nice and crisp, also you will have more High dynamic range.

Reactions: FriendlyPeebs
open
+1

How can you do a long exposure pic? When I try to take a photo by night or with low light , I cant set my cam settings above 1/30... Not enouth to get a acceptable photo...
Thanks to tell us![emoji6]

2 second exposure time with ISO set at 100. I shot in D-log as well. But don't forget to shoot in RAW! JPEG compression on Mavic isn't great, and RAW really gives you flexibility for editing in photoshop.

That said, it's not always going to be that quick of an exposure. Just take a few at various settings after you get the focus dialed in, which I think is the most challenging part of after-dark shooting on Mavic.

This is another one with the same settings:
sjmkZBM

whoreable's comment is a great idea as well, and will give the shot even more flexibility, provided you have the software and skills:

Try this exact same thing, with a darker shutter speed and set the photo to AEB 5 shots. Then compile those 5 together in lightroom, activate the Ghost settings to get those cars nice and crisp, also you will have more High dynamic range.

Last edited:
Reactions: jason38
open

2 second exposure time with ISO set at 100. I shot in D-log as well. But don't forget to shoot in RAW! JPEG compression on Mavic isn't great, and RAW really gives you flexibility for editing in photoshop.

That said, it's not always going to be that quick of an exposure. Just take a few at various settings after you get the focus dialed in, which I think is the most challenging part of after-dark shooting on Mavic.

This is another one with the same settings:
sjmkZBM

whoreable's comment is a great idea as well, and will give the shot even more flexibility, provided you have the software and skills:
OK, thank you.
Im gonna try it tonight!
Let you know

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada