DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long Exposure Test

KingRat

Reactions
There was very little breeze yesterday evening, so I thought with the sky clearing it would be an ideal opportunity to test twilight shooting and the long exposure capability. This is another 21-shot merged panoramic (the saved RAW images that the drone shoots and then turns into an automatic jpeg). The difference between the RAW merged afterwards and the automatic jpeg the camera does is massive - don't use the automatic jpeg! The camera produced jpeg was about 17MB, the RAW files for this panoramic totalled 1.17GB... the finished jpeg is 94MB, obviously massively reduced to post here (about 2.6MB, so roughly 3%!) Each of the 21 frames was shot on manual at 2-seconds per frame, 100 ASA and f2.8, slightly underexposed but retrievable, better than shooting at 200 ISO. Of course, had I gone up to 200, I could have shot at 1 second and it would have been sharper still. Uttoxeter-twilight.pano.LR2-.jpg

Nicely done. I find that the best aerial city shots like this are done while there's still some light in the sky like this.

Great shot and thanks for sharing the process behind it. Helpful for people like myself getting into photography

Reactions: KingRat
superb and can imagine to original.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929