DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long exposure

ipanda

Reactions
hello all coming from PA. i just want to know what are some good settings with long exposure on MA2. i've tired to change ios. i've tried times photo for 30 seconds and i'm not getting allot of light trail. maybe i'm not using the right settings. i've been playing around with the settings for about 30 mins and i couldn't figure it out. [emoji45]

How did you get 30 seconds of exposure?
Oh wait, I see what you said now.

Timed shots are not what you want.

You must press the little "auto" in the corner (to switch to Manual mode), then adjust the shutter speed to whatever looks correctly exposed. A filter is needed more often than not, unless shooting at night.

it's timed photo for 30 second, i'm not sure if that's 30 second of exposure. let me upload a photo along. camera point right out to main road with 70 ft above.
you can do it one of two ways, you can use AEB with one second exposures for a total of 5 seconds (must be merged in post production software). Or you can use single, and then use 5 seconds of exposure that way.

Oh wait, I see what you said now.

Timed shots are not what you want.

You must press the little "auto" in the corner (to switch to Manual mode), then adjust the shutter speed to whatever looks correctly exposed. A filter is needed more often than not, unless shooting at night.

yes i've played with that as well. i've change the ios to like 1800 and like 1/80 and it doesn't look right. been playing for one whole battery and couldn't figure out [emoji37]

using that same pic i upload, the sunset is to the left it's not in front or back.
So what I personally would do... Run an ND4 (if you have one) just to cut the light coming from the street lamps. ISO 200-400 with an exposure time around 1 second.

I'm not there so I'm not sure EXACTLY what that would look like, but that should be a good starting point.

I would keep the ISO as low as possible, but also keep the exposure under 4" as the drone is not usually stable enough for anything longer.

Do you have LightRoom?

So what I personally would do... Run an ND4 (if you have one) just to cut the light coming from the street lamps. ISO 200-400 with an exposure time around 1 second.

I'm not there so I'm not sure EXACTLY what that would look like, but that should be a good starting point.

I would keep the ISO as low as possible, but also keep the exposure under 4" as the drone is not usually stable enough for anything longer.

Do you have LightRoom?

i brought my MA2 with the fly more combo? it come with the ND16/32/128 i believe. lightroom like as in ?

Do you have LightRoom?

i actually just watch his video but his video during day time so i'm assuming at night with the sunset i wouldn't need a filter. but i'll try it again tomorrow and see. i don't feel like going outside as of now to fly the drone.

Reactions: Toddvg
Lightroom as in Adobe LightRoom.

Here is your picture. Edited in Lightroom.

It's $10 a month, including Photoshop and more.

2631F49CF6D6CDB11E7A4E83A08BD256.jpg

Your picture is actually very cool. You have plenty of streaking and a pretty well exposed photo. A filter would let you drag it out a little longer, and the FMC came with ND 16, 64, and 256.

I would still try the 16 maybe 5 minutes earlier and see what you get.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonydeli7
Lightroom as in Adobe LightRoom.

Here is your picture. Edited in Lightroom.

It's $10 a month, including Photoshop and more.

View attachment 111991

Your picture is actually very cool. You have plenty of streaking and a pretty well exposed photo. A filter would let you drag it out a little longer,and yes the FMC came with ND 16, 32, and 64.

I would still try the 16 maybe 5 minutes earlier and see what you get.

thanks. i used to take allot of photo with DSLR. i left my camera sitting in the bag for about 3 years now. i'm just setting the drone camera setting as i know of on DSLR.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
thanks. i used to take allot of photo with DSLR. i left my camera sitting in the bag for about 3 years now. i'm just setting the drone camera setting as i know of on DSLR.
Having the DSLR knowledge will put you light years ahead... But you NEED a post processing software. (I prefer Adobe products, but there are tons out there that are free)

Reactions: OBSALAM
Having the DSLR knowledge will put you light years ahead... But you NEED a post processing software. (I prefer Adobe products, but there are tons out there that are free)

yeah. but idk how to edit. which what sucks. i take photo base on the feeling of the atmosphere and the light.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
yeah. but idk how to edit. which what sucks. i take photo base on the feeling of the atmosphere and the light.
So then filters.

You should get a massive filter kit.

Gradients (if you can find them), can help for sunrise and sunset, and general landscape stuff.

i'll look around and probably prefer free one because i fly around the drone day time more and like to keep the original photo. i just want to learn how to do light trail on drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11