DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long exposures with the Mavic 2 Pro

wco81

Reactions
Seems people mostly shoot videos, including at night.

Has anyone shot a lot of long exposures using base (lowest) ISO, resulting in shutter speeds of 15-30 seconds or longer?

Can it hover without moving in order to attempt such long exposures?

Has anyone also tried long exposure panos, either using any automated capture modes or manually capturing (manually moving/turning/pivoting and shooting) and stitching for post-processing?

I tried a “long” exposure 100iso 6 seconds
Bird needed a calmer night to pull it off - had too much blur

Seems people mostly shoot videos, including at night.

Has anyone shot a lot of long exposures using base (lowest) ISO, resulting in shutter speeds of 15-30 seconds or longer?

Can it hover without moving in order to attempt such long exposures?

Has anyone also tried long exposure panos, either using any automated capture modes or manually capturing (manually moving/turning/pivoting and shooting) and stitching for post-processing?
I see images posted here of longish exposures (5-12 seconds). Some look okay but many movement is evident. I've had little success over 3-4 seconds.

Hmm, found a lot of night shots but most of them are with ISO 100 or 200 and shutter times under a second.

Some go up to 2-3 seconds but it seems longer exposures aren't needed? Though these are mostly of skylines so I guess there was enough light from the buildings:

中都空探│台中七期│Taichung

Fenghuang Ancient Town

Ride the Lightning

The Big Buddha

November Dusk

Last one is really nice, a 9-shot pano at dusk, 1-second exposure.

Reactions: PC1134 and Porky
I took this last night, not brilliant, Sutter 8.0s, Iso 100, f/2.8, Raw
When I shoot at dusk I take a single shot but set the camera to “multiple” 3 photos then pick the sharpest one.

Attachments

• 1EA63E24-69BD-42CF-8F63-3DEDBF6722E4.jpeg
    1EA63E24-69BD-42CF-8F63-3DEDBF6722E4.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 101
I took this last night, not brilliant, Sutter 8.0s, Iso 100, f/2.8, Raw
When I shoot at dusk I take a single shot but set the camera to “multiple” 3 photos then pick the sharpest one.

Three at the same exposure or bracketed for HDR?

Seems like you could increase the ISO in order to try to bring up the shadows more. That is merge them for HDR.

Nope three of the same, not bracketed but burst shots. I’ll be putting that photo back through post to see if I can improve it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike