DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Longer USB-C to Controller cable for Mavic Mini

• Thread starter Deleted member 123036
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 123036

Where can I buy a longer cable that connects mobile device to controller for the mavic mini - seems to be using some sort of proprietary connector on the controller side, so I am assuming I'd need to buy a longer one from DJI? The short cable connected to my iPad is really awkward, so I need something longer. Any ideas?

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
^ this is exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm in the UK and can't seem to find any (with good reviews at least) on Amazon :(
Sorry I didn’t look at your location. Pretty sure someone will
chime in. ?

If you've got a solder iron, you could improvise and make one ? It's just four strands.

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_165622.jpg
    IMG_20200516_165622.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20200516_165550.jpg
    IMG_20200516_165550.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 72
Where can I buy a longer cable that connects mobile device to controller for the mavic mini - seems to be using some sort of proprietary connector on the controller side, so I am assuming I'd need to buy a longer one from DJI? The short cable connected to my iPad is really awkward, so I need something longer. Any ideas?
I bought one from a China supplier....works well but took a while to get to Canada during covid19 ....look it up on the google thingy....

As this thread kind of notes, the Controller side has an unusual shaped port but does accept USB micro-B cables but CARE needs to be exercised that it is oriented corrected and CAREFULLY inserted.

To see what that male end looks like, see the following item on an Amazon item in the right hand side of the first picture. Again, the item is only referenced for the picture and is not the cabled needed specifically. Why DJI selected this really ODDBALL connector no one knows but it is also on the standard controllers for the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom. Again, if using a standard Micro-B, caution in plugging it in is advised.

Just as a wee note there is a picture on the controller where the cable goes.. at least there is on the mini.. it shows orientation for micro USB

Re "seems to be using some sort of proprietary connector on the controller side " is the port on the controller not simply a USB C socket?

Re "seems to be using some sort of proprietary connector on the controller side " is the port on the controller not simply a USB C socket?

on the controller is a micro usb socket- you should see an imprinted image to the side of the socket showing the orientation

Thank you, I stand corrected. I truly thought the controller port was this new USB C but I have just looked at the controller to USB C connector cable and the males differ, the controller is a right angle rectangle where as the USB C is a rectangle with rounded ends.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've got a solder iron, you could improvise and make one ? It's just four strands.
So f I get a standard micro usb end and standard lightning end I just join the cables? Do colours match? I have loads of cables to experiment with ...

So f I get a standard micro usb end and standard lightning end I just join the cables? Do colours match? I have loads of cables to experiment with ...
I took ✂ and a knife to the standard cable that came from DGI . The DJI cable is color coded. Black white green and red. My extension cord has different colors but I was able to maintain continuity by matching colors at both ends of the splice. Shrink wrap could provide a cleaner job than the vinyl tape.

I took ✂ and a knife to the standard cable that came from DGI . The DJI cable is color coded. Black white green and red. My extension cord has different colors but I was able to maintain continuity by matching colors at both ends of the splice. Shrink wrap could provide a cleaner job than the vinyl tape.
Ahh of course ... simple really ... I don’t have an iPhone , just the iPad so I can hack the DJI cable easily like you said ..dunno why I didn’t think of that ... agree heatshrink is the way to go ..

Uum why, micro USB to lightning cables are available are they not? see https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rantow-Bra...ocphy=1007288&hvtargid=pla-712257695724&psc=1 and I would bet there are cheaper to be had and or different lengths
I know I made a mistake earlier in this thread thinking the controller's socket was a USB-C and for that I apologise but if you look at USB hardware - Wikipedia the Mini's controller's socket appears to be micro USB type A which obviously takes the more frequently encountered micro USB type B plug as well as the micro USB type A plug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DanMan32
Sadly the otg cable for the air has 5 cores , literally 1 Ultra thin wire as opposed to a few twisted in each core ... pita tbh..

i missed the fact this was in the mini section ..lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000