DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Longevity of the Platinum Pro Batteries

Fire Fox

Reactions
I was wondering how long the life span is of the platinum pro batteries assuming that you treat them correctly and don't store them for long periods without running them flat. What are the signs that you need to toss the battery and not use it again beside the obvious like it won't charge or it explodes.

Reactions: Drone Master
I was wondering how long the life span is of the platinum pro batteries assuming that you treat them correctly and don't store them for long periods without running them flat. What are the signs that you need to toss the battery and not use it again beside the obvious like it won't charge or it explodes.
I have batteries that are from the MP when it was released back in 2016. They are still working well after over a hundred flights each with 94% percent capacity. That comes with properly maintaining them even without flying. Always cycle your batteries at least every 3 months to be sure that they do not fail or go into hibernation. Some have reported that they do not wake up from hibernation due to not cycling when not in use for long periods of time.
40% to 60% is ideal for storage. Just keep up with the maintenance.

Reactions: Zeke
I have batteries that are from the MP when it was released back in 2016. They are still working well after over a hundred flights each with 94% percent capacity. That comes with properly maintaining them even without flying. Always cycle your batteries at least every 3 months to be sure that they do not fail or go into hibernation. Some have reported that they do not wake up from hibernation due to not cycling when not in use for long periods of time.
40% to 60% is ideal for storage. Just keep up with the maintenance.
Thanks that is good to know. Just a question when you say always cycle them at least every three month what exactly do you do? Do you just run them flat and then recharge?

Thanks that is good to know. Just a question when you say always cycle them at least every three month what exactly do you do? Do you just run them flat and then recharge?
The batteries should not actually be run flat. You should use the Go4 app to set the number of days for discharge (between 1 & 10 - I set mine to 3 days). That allows the 'smart' battery to automatically discharge to the ideal maintenance level of around 60%. If you have that set, it's just a matter of charging them up every few months.

The batteries should not actually be run flat. You should use the Go4 app to set the number of days for discharge (between 1 & 10 - I set mine to 3 days). That allows the 'smart' battery to automatically discharge to the ideal maintenance level of around 60%. If you have that set, it's just a matter of charging them up every few months.
Thanks for the info. I normally fly mine till the drone gets to low battery and after its landed I have about 15% left I have only recharged the batteries again a day or so before I am gonna fly so my batteries are mostly sitting at 15% or 10% for a couple of days before I charge them again.

Reactions: Fire Fox
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO