DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking - Backpack

gatoremt

Reactions
I am looking for some insight on a good backpack to carry my MP in. Need room for all the extras. What is everyone's thought? I do not want to pay a fortune

I have this one Drone World and it works great. I have the Zoom, controller, charger, IPad 4 mini, 3 batteries, filters, cables, rain cover, spare props, iPad holder, other misc stuff and still have room for more. I have mine loaded a bit different than they suggest in the pictures with the Zoom in the top part of the bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatoremt
Hi we have 3 different bags however this one which I think might be a Lowepro is made for a Phantom.
It fits our Mavic Pro, Batteries, Camera, lenses, laptop and we can attach our tripod also. When fully packed it weighs about 10kg, which can be heavy for onboard baggage. Good luck. 20180115_174233.jpg

You're going to get a different answer from everyone and there are already a bunch of these threads if you search. If you are looking for a cheap solution, get one of the inexpensive (under $10 shipped) clam shell (EVA) type cases for the aircraft/remote and use any backpack/slingpack you want, or one that you may already have. I generally carry much more than just the Mavic, so drone-specific packs don't work for me. The clam shell case and a regular backpack is a more versatile option for my use.

I bought a Lowepro Viewpoint BP 250 AW. It is kinda old but it is amazing because it has a seperate compartment that can fit the MP1 (and probably MP2/Z2 and definitely an MA).

It comes with small "action camera" camera "box", this can fit the Mavic Pro in I but I found it to more squishy than I liked and the bag was bulging. So I used my other camera bag (Thinktank Mirrorless mover 25i, I think that is what it is called) and it fits perfectly into the slot down the bottom, it is a bit of a tight fit to get the smaller bag into the backpack, but it fits. And that is my setup.

It is a great setup as the bag has room for a 15 in laptop, and a top compartment for whatever else you need.

Why have a backpack the whole reason I personaly purchased the mavic pro platinum was to dispence with my backpacks, which all my other drones over the past six years have needed due to their size, now its just a small shoulder bag which carries everything I need for a flying session, which consists of Mavic pro platinum, 3 flight batterys, I could carry 4 batterys if required, 2 set of propellors, Ipad mini 4, foldable monitor mount, ipad cable, selection of camera ND Filters, copy of my third party insurance, and all this fits easily in my Smartee mavic pro shoulder case.

https://www.amazon.com/d/Rc-Vehicle...apter+and+Remote+Controller+(NOT+for+Mavic+2)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...06-21&linkId=01fa1408fee3b0a9b3a93d2bdee2f995

Since owning the mavic pro platinum I dont ever use any of my other drones, ie DJI Phantom, Black Sheep Discovery Pro, Yuneec Typhoon H, its just sheer pleasure not having to carrying a backpack on your back especially during the summer months, also you dont bring attention to yourselve being a drone flyer.

Last edited:
Why have a backpack the whole reason I personaly purchased the mavic pro platinum was to dispence with my backpacks...
...you dont bring attention to yourself being a drone flyer.
I second this. I carry all I need for an hours flying in the FMC bag. If hiking I throw that into a bigger pack with my hiking stuff.

I have a lowepro droneguard bp250 to hold my M2P and MA, it’s great for a car bag. I have a Hazard 4 freelance drone edition sling for taking a single drone out and about.
If I’m walking, skiing, biking I use hard shell cases thrown in whatever rucksack i’m Using that day.

Why have a backpack the whole reason I personaly purchased the mavic pro platinum was to dispence with my backpacks, which all my other drones over the past six years have needed due to their size, now its just a small shoulder bag which carries everything I need for a flying session, which consists of Mavic pro platinum, 3 flight batterys, I could carry 4 batterys if required, 2 set of propellors, Ipad mini 4, foldable monitor mount, ipad cable, selection of camera ND Filters, copy of my third party insurance, and all this fits easily in my Smartee mavic pro shoulder case.

Since owning the mavic pro platinum I dont ever use any of my other drones, ie DJI Phantom, Black Sheep Discovery Pro, Yuneec Typhoon H, its just sheer pleasure not having to carrying a backpack on your back especially during the summer months, also you dont bring attention to yourselve being a drone flyer.

That is why I have the Thinktank mirrorless Mover 25i, when I don't have to take more than my MP, I just bring the shoulder bag. It can easily carry what you are suggesting and if you need a bit more space, you can get the 30i

Thanks for all the replies. I need a back pack to carry all of stuff. I have the small dji bag it just can't carry everything.

I use a LowePro Mini Treker for my Mavic Pro and all accessories that goes with it, plus my Ipad Mini. I also have an unused Lowpro FlipSide 400 I don't need. Flipside 400:

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121