Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Looking For A Previously Owned Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo - Greater Twin Cities Area

TedS

Reaction score
I am interested in purchasing a previously owned Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo currently located in, or near, the greater Minneapolis-St. Paul area, so I can drive to your location and examine what you are selling first hand.

I'm only interested in a very well cared for drone and equipment. Although B&H recently had this combo for sale at $1083, I did not make the move! There was recently a used package on this forum, but not a full fly more combo, for $700 and I would have liked to make the purchase then, but it was not close enough for me to drive and inspect first hand. I need to know what I'm buying, and I'm not comfortable in dealing with anything other than a thorough on-site examination, a test operational flight, and cash exchange at sale.

I do expect DJI to come out with another sale soon, likely it will be in the recent B&H price category, around $1000 plus for a new combo, if so, I will purchase then. However, I would prefer saving some money and buying this combo previously owned, at a discount. Assuming it is well cared for, has no operating issues, has low usage, no damage history, and has never been submerged in water. This is a fleet addition, so I am not in a hurry. Let me know if you are within driving range, and I will consider your MPP Combo package. I am not interested in the standard Mavic Pro.

Thanks! TS

TedS

Reaction score
Thunderdrones replied to a thread you are watching at DJI Mavic Drone Forum.

It sounds from your post that you need some assurance that what you pay for is what you get. My advice is to buy new and get Refresh and State Farm. I have had great experiences buying used drones, but then I know more than the average bear about what makes them tick. If I were a newbie, I would get new for sure, even if I had to buy a lower end drone.

My best advice to you is to not exclude any drones from your scope of interest. For the price you are looking to pay, you can almost get the latest and greatest drone, and my personal favorite, the Mavic 2 Zoom. In order to lower your initial expenditure, you might want to forego the extra batteries, and the bag that come with the FM.

The MPP is a wonderful drone, but cant cast shadow against it's newer rival, the M2.

To each his own lol
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Not sure why your entry did not show up on this thread, as it should, so I copied your response above the line, so people will have context of my follow up.

I appreciate your observations and preferences regarding the M2, but the price is at least $700 over what I want to spend, for a second ship with 3 batteries. I've been flying the Spark for well over a year, so I'm not just starting out. Unfortunately, the DJI Goggles do not allow the DJI Go 4 app to be open and recording the flight record with Spark (same w/Mavic Air), but due to the proprietary Occusync, the MP or MPP do not have his problem.

The MPP will enable me to fly with the Goggles with greater confidence that I have a valid flight record, in the event of a crash or flyaway. I've had all kinds of issues with DJI and the Goggles since June of last year, and DJI will not openly admit to the problem with both the Spark and the Mavic Air regarding synchronization of flight records. Fortunately, I have the two year Refresh, so they replaced my aircraft after the crash while flying with the Goggles. Now I have no choice but to add another drone that can do the job properly with the DJI Goggles, that is also relatively quiet, and with the bonus of more flight time.

I would love to make the giant leap you suggest, but I don't really have the need for that level of photography given the purpose for which I fly. I do not shoot 4K, and still use 1080p. I shoot mostly for personal blogs of my wilderness trips to share with family and friends. Normally I tend to be at the front edge of technology, but the MP2 is just too new and still at a price premium. Even if I purchased a Mavic Pro 2, it would likely be the Mavic Pro 2 with the Hasselblad, not the Zoom. I would prefer the low light capability of that camera.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sai399