DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for an apk Go4 v4.3.38 package for Smart controller

JOeBFLL

Reactions
I recently upgraded my Smart controller to the latest Go4 Android app v 4.3.42 ans that versions has lots of issues.
I want to roll it back to 4.3.38 but I am having no luck finding that apk package on the DJI site or any where.
I'm hoping, as it has in the past, this site will come to the rescue.

SC is currently running FW 1.00.0880

THANKS!

Looks like only v4.3.37 is available at the moment

I recently upgraded my Smart controller to the latest Go4 Android app v 4.3.42 ans that versions has lots of issues.
I want to roll it back to 4.3.38 but I am having no luck finding that apk package on the DJI site or any where.
I'm hoping, as it has in the past, this site will come to the rescue.

SC is currently running FW 1.00.0880

THANKS!
Curious. What issues are having with 4.3.42?

Maybe if you did a fresh reinstall of .0880 it might contain 4.3.38 still.

Curious. What issues are having with 4.3.42?

Maybe if you did a fresh reinstall of .0880 it might contain 4.3.38 still.
It will...I have addressed several issues lately with people "pushing" unauthorized Android versions onto the Smart Controller. DJI updates the SC with firmware releases which contain the ONLY software versions "approved" for the SC. By circumventing the process you have these issues. ONLY load updates to the SC with the Firmware updates and quit trying to "keep up with the Jone's" What works with standard Android doesn't mean it will work with the SC.

When a SC shows a certain Android version of Go 4 doesn't mean it correlates with the standard version of Go 4 even if the release version looks old, the improvements (if any) could be inserted into the SC Version.

In short if it doesn't come with the latest SC Firmware it doesn't belong on the SC...in fact although no hard evidence, I would doubt DJI would honor any warranty if applicable flying that version. As they say they they don't honor side loading or condone it to the SC in that regard. In reality you are semi using third party software even though DJI makes it.

Last edited:
It will...I have addressed several issues lately with people "pushing" unauthorized Android versions onto the Smart Controller. DJI updates the SC with firmware releases which contain the ONLY software versions "approved" for the SC. By circumventing the process you have these issues. ONLY load updates to the SC with the Firmware updates and quit trying to "keep up with the Jone's" What works with standard Android doesn't mean it will work with the SC.

When a SC shows a certain Android version of Go 4 doesn't mean it correlates with the standard version of Go 4 even if the release version looks old, the improvements (if any) could be inserted into the SC Version.

In short if it doesn't come with the latest SC Firmware it doesn't belong on the SC...in fact although no hard evidence, I would doubt DJI would honor any warranty if applicable flying that version. As they say they they don't honor side loading or condone it to the SC. In reality you are semi using third party software even though DJI makes it.
The reason I asked is because I’ve had no issues so far with 4.3.42 after being installed from the apk on DJI’s download site.

From DJI’s release notes of SC firmware .0530:

“Added ability to update the built-in DJI GO 4 and DJI Pilot apps independently from the system update.”

The reason I asked is because I’ve had no issues so far with 4.3.42 after being installed from the apk on DJI’s download site.

From DJI’s release notes of SC firmware .0530:

“Added ability to update the built-in DJI GO 4 and DJI Pilot apps independently from the system update.”

In short if it doesn't come with the latest SC Firmware it doesn't belong on the SC...in fact although no hard evidence, I would doubt DJI would honor any warranty if applicable flying that version. As they say they they don't honor side loading or condone it to the SC in that regard. In reality you are semi using third party software even though DJI makes it.
Thank you Rapaid1 for your reply . Yes I was finally able to downgrade to 4.3.38 by reinstalling FW.0880 on the SC. BUT as Scobele08 has noted FW .0530 did add the ability to download and update the go 4 app independently.

If this is a big deal with the SC then DJI show put a disclaimer on their site about updating the Go 4 android app and SC if what you say is true and with DJI you never really know but given the issues I had I believe you are right.

As for the issues I had Scoble08, it all has to do with the maps. The app will not cache and display properly when you are in Camera view and if you try to upload a way point mission it will cause an instant app crash.

Just thought I would share. I downloaded 4.3.42 from the DJI site and installed it on my smart controller. The compass is messed up. Even after calibration it still is not working correctly. The M2P seems to fly ok, but I too am reverting back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa