DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for an opinion. I think I came to the right place. O_o This is not an ad selling

DroneyDave

Reactions
This post got flagged for classifieds, not sure why, I am NOT selling, I need advice and opinions on a trade I may make.

am trying to ascertain if this is a good trade or not, would anyone here have an opinion on it?
Basically, I have posted locally selling my Mavic Pro set up, below is the list of everything. I was selling initially so I could offset the price of a new Mavic 2 Pro. I just picked up the M2P, have yet to sell the MP, but with a few great market trades, offsetting the cost is not as important now. Anyways, I received an offer today, asking to trade an Inspire 1 v2 with an x3 camera, 2 batteries, one controller, and the lockable DJI OEM case, for my complete set up including the iPad Air. The guy offering the trade says it is just too much drone for him and he prefers the Mavic platform. Tells me he just bought 2 new batteries for it at a cost of $450, “threw the old ones away”, and a new set of propellers for $125.

A few red flags shot up, the guy is young, late teens, maybe early 20s, skater type look, but the drone has a skin on it that is kind of feminine and oddly almost religious. The photos he sent, show the drone, but the carpet in the background is absolutely filthy, and by the wood paneling appears that he lives in an old 70s, maybe 80’s trailer home. I am not judging his home or financial status, it just leads to questions on whether the drone was ever cleaned and maintained properly, especially if he cannot even keep his carpeting clean and maintained. Another red flag, he told me the props were $125 for one full set of four props, which seems excessively high, so why lie? I next asked about the batteries and their charge cycle status and he said they each show 4 lit LEDs after the long hold check. Then I wondered if he lied about the batteries, or if the drone is even his, or if it is stolen, or if he aquired it from someone else in barter (legal or otherwise) and this someone else stole it.

I really wouldn’t mind adding an Inspire to my hangar, currently a Yuneec Typhoon Hplus and a Mavic 2 Pro, but I really wonder if this trade is worth it or not.

Well, so what do ya’ think?

Barter offered is as follows;

His
DJI Inspire, 2 batteries, 2 sets of props, controller and case

for my Mavic Pro kit

• DJI Mavic Pro
• DJI Controller
• iPad Air
• 4 DJI batteries
• 4hawks SR range extender
• 1 complete set of OEM propellers
• 2 complete sets of Orange MasterAirScrew stealth propellers
• 2 Aftermarket chargers
• 1 OEM DJI charger
• 8 Freewell Filters
-CPL
-ND2
-ND4
-ND4PL
-ND8
-ND8PL
-ND16
-ND16PL
-ND32
-6 Point Star Filter
• ND4 gimbal cover
• ND8 gimbal cover
• 1 gimbal lock
• 1 camera cover and rubber
• 1 camera cover with gimbal lock
• Aluminum Controller mount.
• Aluminum Ipad mount.
• Phone mount.
• 1 Nanuk 915 Case.
• 1 laser cut Mavic Tom Case.
• iPad charger block and wire
• Android cables
• iPad cables
• Extended landing gear
• 32 gig Sandisk Extreme Plus microSD card
• Small tool set

Last edited:
IF his batteries are new, those seem to be rising in price. TB47 or TB48??
200.00 each or more? Mavic pro complete systems for under 600.00
If you want a big bird and a big box to cart it around....................

Reactions: DroneyDave
This post got flagged for classifieds, not sure why, I am NOT selling, I need advice and opinions on a trade I may make.

am trying to ascertain if this is a good trade or not, would anyone here have an opinion on it?
Basically, I have posted locally selling my Mavic Pro set up, below is the list of everything. I was selling initially so I could offset the price of a new Mavic 2 Pro. I just picked up the M2P, have yet to sell the MP, but with a few great market trades, offsetting the cost is not as important now. Anyways, I received an offer today, asking to trade an Inspire 1 v2 with an x3 camera, 2 batteries, one controller, and the lockable DJI OEM case, for my complete set up including the iPad Air. The guy offering the trade says it is just too much drone for him and he prefers the Mavic platform. Tells me he just bought 2 new batteries for it at a cost of $450, “threw the old ones away”, and a new set of propellers for $125.

A few red flags shot up, the guy is young, late teens, maybe early 20s, skater type look, but the drone has a skin on it that is kind of feminine and oddly almost religious. The photos he sent, show the drone, but the carpet in the background is absolutely filthy, and by the wood paneling appears that he lives in an old 70s, maybe 80’s trailer home. I am not judging his home or financial status, it just leads to questions on whether the drone was ever cleaned and maintained properly, especially if he cannot even keep his carpeting clean and maintained. Another red flag, he told me the props were $125 for one full set of four props, which seems excessively high, so why lie? I next asked about the batteries and their charge cycle status and he said they each show 4 lit LEDs after the long hold check. Then I wondered if he lied about the batteries, or if the drone is even his, or if it is stolen, or if he aquired it from someone else in barter (legal or otherwise) and this someone else stole it.

I really wouldn’t mind adding an Inspire to my hangar, currently a Yuneec Typhoon Hplus and a Mavic 2 Pro, but I really wonder if this trade is worth it or not.

Well, so what do ya’ think?

Barter offered is as follows;

His
DJI Inspire, 2 batteries, 2 sets of props, controller and case

for my Mavic Pro kit

• DJI Mavic Pro
• DJI Controller
• iPad Air
• 4 DJI batteries
• 4hawks SR range extender
• 1 complete set of OEM propellers
• 2 complete sets of Orange MasterAirScrew stealth propellers
• 2 Aftermarket chargers
• 1 OEM DJI charger
• 8 Freewell Filters
-CPL
-ND2
-ND4
-ND4PL
-ND8
-ND8PL
-ND16
-ND16PL
-ND32
-6 Point Star Filter
• ND4 gimbal cover
• ND8 gimbal cover
• 1 gimbal lock
• 1 camera cover and rubber
• 1 camera cover with gimbal lock
• Aluminum Controller mount.
• Aluminum Ipad mount.
• Phone mount.
• 1 Nanuk 915 Case.
• 1 laser cut Mavic Tom Case.
• iPad charger block and wire
• Android cables
• iPad cables
• Extended landing gear
• 32 gig Sandisk Extreme Plus microSD card
• Small tool set
EDIT: I thought this was for the Mavic 2 Pro when I said this. For someone with a Mavic 2 Pro already and the trade is instead for the Mavic Pro Platinum this changes the calculation. It might be a decent add to your hanger as an additional option since you already have the basics covered with the M2Pro and the Mavic Pro Platinum doesn’t have a place really. It might be fun to fly the Inspire but don’t expect it to be your daily flyer. Think of it is as your Sunday car you take out to play with.

. There’s absolutely no reason for you to do this trade. The camera in the M2Pro is way better than the x3 and the I1 is finicky even when it’s working correctly.

Also the inspire is a beast you can’t just take it out and fly it for fun. It’s too big and heavy for that. I know this is difficult to comprehend for a Mavic owner, I was there too but we take for granted just whipping out the drone and the next thing you know it’s in the air. This is not how it works with the Inspire. The RC alone on the Inspire is takes up more room than a Mavic.

The Inspire is only worth it if you have an X5R, x5s, or X7 camera and are using it to record raw video for professional work.

More reasons not enough time but don’t do it.

Take it from me I have an Inspire 1, Inspire 2, and a Mavic Pro Platinum you’ll regret this trade of you do it.

Last edited:
EDIT: I thought this was for the Mavic 2 Pro when I said this. For someone with a Mavic 2 Pro already and the trade is instead for the Mavic Pro Platinum this changes the calculation. It might be a decent add to your hanger as an additional option since you already have the basics covered with the M2Pro and the Mavic Pro Platinum doesn’t have a place really. It might be fun to fly the Inspire but don’t expect it to be your daily flyer. Think of it is as your Sunday car you take out to play with.
That is kind of exactly how I was looking at it, a neat classic Sunday driver. An extra bird to put in the air once I’ve gone through the 4 batteries on the Yuneec Typhoon Hplus and the 4 batteries on the the Mavic 2 Pro, and I’m still looking for more time in the air. Something that is fun to fly, impressive to see, and a quintessential drone in the evolution of the drone industry. I am a classic bike guy, love my old British bikes, I love machines with ‘character’. Though, not sure if I really want something I’ll be working on every time I fly it, like my old Ducati.

The Typhoon gives me great stability I wiNdy conditions and the plus has a nice 20mp full frame camera, like the Mavc2 Pro. It’s much larger though, and that’s where the Mavic was fitting in, with portability, access to tighter areas, now replaced with the better Mavic 2 Pro. I think though after reading some of these responses, I’ll just sell the Mavic Pro kit and use that cash to offset a different drone and/or more batteries. Maybe an FPV or a waterproof drone like the swell pro splashdrone3 to enjoy shooting the weather and some cool water action.

thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

Hard pass. And this is coming from someone who loves my Inspire 1.

I have the Mavic 2 Pro, and if I'm being paid to be in the air, the M2P is the bird. My Inspire has only seen the sky for work once in the past year. I'll actually be selling it soon.

Sell the Mavic Pro.

Hard pass. And this is coming from someone who loves my Inspire 1.

I have the Mavic 2 Pro, and if I'm being paid to be in the air, the M2P is the bird. My Inspire has only seen the sky for work once in the past year. I'll actually be selling it soon.

Sell the Mavic Pro.
Wow, that is good to know from an Inspire owner, thanks. Between batteries being hard to find, red flags from other guy, and advice from all of you, seems like this is not the bird to trade for at this time. I'll just sell the Mavic and fund a different style of drone to feed the addiction. The discussion and advice is much appreciated.

Reactions: Vic Moss
Sell the Mavic Pro outfit and buy more batteries for your M2P, that will give you more time in the air.
Or find a Mavic 2 zoom with extra batteries which would give you more time in the air cause the batteries are the same for the M2s, and it gives you a whole new camera capability that none of your drones have now!

Sell the Mavic Pro outfit and buy more batteries for your M2P, that will give you more time in the air.
Or find a Mavic 2 zoom with extra batteries which would give you more time in the air cause the batteries are the same for the M2s, and it gives you a whole new camera capability that none of your drones have now!
That is a darn good idea! I didn't realize the M2 Zoom and the M2P used the same batteries. I usually go out with both my M2P and my Typhoon H+ I get almost a good 2 hours of flight time between both drones, bringing them back to land around 40-45% battery remaining. A third option with the zoom feature would be a much better option than a MP for my backup. Thanks for the feedback!

Can I use the same controller (not smart controller)for both MP2 and the M2Zoom, or can they not bind to more than one drone?

I also have a Typhoon H Plus and a Mavic 2 Pro and there is nothing that an Inspire 1 with an X3 has to offer that would make me want to add one to the line-up. The Typhoon H plus with C23 will accomplish anything the Inspire can do, and has a better camera. I would suggest to sell your MP straight up and move forward with what you have.

That is a darn good idea! I didn't realize the M2 Zoom and the M2P used the same batteries. I usually go out with both my M2P and my Typhoon H+ I get almost a good 2 hours of flight time between both drones, bringing them back to land around 40-45% battery remaining. A third option with the zoom feature would be a much better option than a MP for my backup. Thanks for the feedback!

Can I use the same controller (not smart controller)for both MP2 and the M2Zoom, or can they not bind to more than one drone?
to my knowledge, the M2s are the same drone, the difference being the camera assembly hung on them. The controllers are the same for both. With a smart controller, the beauty of it is both drones can be bound to the controller, and use either one with a quick choice in the software.

You can use the same controller for both aircraft. You would need to re link each time you switch aircraft.

Wow, that is good to know from an Inspire owner, thanks. Between batteries being hard to find, red flags from other guy, and advice from all of you, seems like this is not the bird to trade for at this time. I'll just sell the Mavic and fund a different style of drone to feed the addiction. The discussion and advice is much appreciated.
Interesting though, that this seller seems to know drones. Normally someone selling something stolen or found, like a drone, they would not be into drones, just into passing on stuff they found or stole to get cash. Since he is after your drone, as red flaggish as it does sound, it might be that he is legit. I suppose questions about when and where he bought it and what was he thinking of using it for, would give you a better understanding if he was a real drone pilot or not.

Of course the best way would be to ask him to demonstrate it in flight. That would tell you straight away if he really knew what he was doing. His battery comment about four green lights sounded suspicious, rather than answer how many cycles it had. With that said, I have no idea how many cycles my batteries have gone through and I've been flying drones for several years.

The Zoom and Pro are identical, it's just the camera and gimbal that are different and by the way, interchangeable, though not a simple slip out and replace sort of exchange. As stated the SC works with either but each time you change the drone, you need to relink the drone to the SC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada