DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for answers or a existing thread on a problem I ran into today with Air 2S and the smart controller. Please help, thanks !

ALSFILMS

Reactions
Flying my Air 2S today on a job and (9) 4K videos somehow only recorded to the internal Smart Controller memory (not a card). Seems when I swapped out my SD card with a freshly, it defaulted to recording to internal memory on Smart controller
(should have noticed🤦🏻‍♂️)
I can see, view, and play the video files which are located in my album, but I can’t Download or transfer them.
Tried installing a SD card into the smart controller to transfer them that way with no luck. Watched every YouTube video available to get some kind of understanding but still no luck with what’s offered?
Can someone please give me suggestions or a walk through ?
Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

I don’t have the “Smart Controller” for my Air 2S but if there’s no SD card in the drone it reverts to the Air 2S’s internal 8GB storage, which can be transferred to computer via the Drone’s USB-C port. I’d think you’d be able to do the same if the SC’s internal (lo-rez) files were stored in it’s internal memory or SD card.

Flying my Air 2S today on a job and (9) 4K videos somehow only recorded to the internal Smart Controller memory (not a card). Seems when I swapped out my SD card with a freshly, it defaulted to recording to internal memory on Smart controller
(should have noticed🤦🏻‍♂️)
I can see, view, and play the video files which are located in my album, but I can’t Download or transfer them.
Tried installing a SD card into the smart controller to transfer them that way with no luck. Watched every YouTube video available to get some kind of understanding but still no luck with what’s offered?
Can someone please give me suggestions or a walk through ?
Thanks for the help, much appreciated!
Did you format your new SD card before using it the first time? Did you indicate that the default memory is the SD card? I do not have an Air 2 S so I cannot be specific other than this general idea.

Part of my work flow is to format the card and internal storage after each flight before I pack away my M3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felix le Chat
Look for the original full definition files on your Air 2s NOT the controller. Plug a USB C cable into your drone (powered on) and your computer and check out the files.

If you are using the original smart controller it is my understanding that a sd card is used as an internal memory extension and not as a place just for video and pic files to be transferred like the one in the drone is. This may be just an option when you first insert the sd card but if so it is the one I took. I still have the same sd card that I started with and only formatted it on initial install. That being said I do sometimes take it out for the screen recordings and the low res videos but it is always a hunt to find them because of the hundreds of files and sub folders. As for transferring to the sd card I am pretty sure if you go into gallery and push enough options there is a way to change storage place. If you are using the original one and still not making it work I will find mine and get better details for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61