DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for better Goggles to connect via HDMI to RC Pro. Suggestions and experience?

CanonX

Reactions
Hi all.
I like the FPV look & feel of the FPV goggles even with Mavic drones.

You guys know any good and modern HDMI connected OLED goggles that can take the HDMI signal from the RC Pro?

I Have bin flying the Mavic 3 and Mini3 with my old DJI Goggle RE connected to the RC Pro. Works really well and the 1080p resolution is nice. But...they are old now and I suspect there are far better OLED displays out there.

What have you guys tried or looking at?

Reactions: ksmusa
Here is what I use Goovis Lite and they are perfect for me. People have different tastes but what I like about these is the image quality is the best of what I tried so far and trust me I tried a lot of them. With these, you have only one cable to connect plus they are really light compared with yours. I tried Nreal glasses they are amazing too but you need an adapter from USB-C to HDMI to be able to use them.

or Nreal air Glasses Black AR VR Glasses Smart Glasses 2022 | eBay

Attachments

• IMG_20220827_093006722.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20220827_093032389.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20220827_093046907.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220827_093106568.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: ksmusa and CanonX
Have you tried the Nreal glasses as well? It's seem like a completely different take and maybe not as immersive? But maybe better all round when traveling etc.

I was also wondering whether the more expensive Goovis are in fact even better in terms of video quality? What's your take?

Yes, I have both of them. Nreal has a better resolution 3840 by 1080p than Goovis 1920 x 1080p
And FOV is slightly bigger -46 degrees Goovis 42 contrast ratio on Nreal is 100,000:1 on Goovis is double. Both of them are really good compared to others The screen is AMOLED on Goovis ad Nreal is OLED. I try Nreal to fly in broad daylight without the lens cover and I can't see too much but if you are in the shadow is much better. With the lens cover is perfect. With Goovis there is not 100% covering of your face and you still have some reflection but is not that bad. As I said I like Goovis more because is only one wire to connect. With Nreal you need a converter from USB-C to HDMI that has 2 wires because the converter needs external power to work. If you use a Smart controller you can power up the converter from the USB port on the controller. In conclusion, both of them are good I can't say perfect because no one comes so far with a perfect option. My advice sticks with one of these and not look for better ones because they are not. There are so many crapy ones cheaper than these ones but quality wise they are not even close.

Ok. Thanks for more great details. Very good to know. I actually lean toward Nreal because if the smaller size and with lenscovers you say it's ok even in the sun. But at least I won't have to look for anything else like you say. These are probably the best ones. Thanks a lot. I will try the Nreal. Best regards /Dom

I have this one HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 4K60Hz (HDMIDP12)
but you can use this one as well.
Do not look for others because will not work.

Reactions: ksmusa
Thanks once again! I will go with the SIIG. I don't see how the other one can work w the Nreal. Will update progress and results! Thanks. /Dom

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e