DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for classes in the northern NJ area.

Cheaptoad

Reactions
I think it may be a good idea to take a class or 2 along with watching videos.

Anyone have any idea where in North Jersey there are classes?

Btw, what license do I need to get?

Thanx
Steve

Depending on what your goals are regarding flying drones (hobby vs. pro) you just might want to get together with an established group to fact find for yourself. I belong to the NJDUG - New Jersey Drone Users Group - and we have weekly or more events all around north Jersey......one of them happens to be the old Hanover Airport which is right in your backyard.
Go here:
NJDUG
If you choose to join up you’ll see Nick’s schedule of events like Garret Mountain this Sunday, and there are folks at all levels of ability flying together. There’s no cost involved unless you want to kick in a couple of bucks for Nicks tip jar, since he does provide water, cold drinks, snacks, and a first aid kit, all of which have proven useful in the past.
Give us a try, I think you’ll learn a lot and enjoy yourself at the same time.

Jake

Thanx a bunch. I have joined that group. I work almost every weekend. But I'm sure I could try to find some time to join them.

BTW, this is just going to be a hobby. My main goal is still photography.

Thanx
Steve

Reactions: lightbg
Thanx a bunch. I have joined that group. I work almost every weekend. But I'm sure I could try to find some time to join them.

BTW, this is just going to be a hobby. My main goal is still photography.

Thanx
Steve
As a hobbyist you won’t need a part 107 license, but you should spend the $5.00 and register yourself(not the drone, just you as a pilot of a UAV) with the FAA. You will get lots of info and important data on when and where there will be flight restrictions in our area, especially since a Trump likes to spend weekends in our state and it affects all of us.
Try here:

Official FAA site

Check the lower box marked for recreational pilots and follow the prompts.

Jake

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty