DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

(SOLVED) Looking for definitive guide (for noob) HDR content export

shomci

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a guide for beginners of the following:

I would like to create HDR content from my M2P Dlog-M 10bit h265 files. And watch it on my LG Oled (b8). I've seen some did this however they never shared the workflow.
(youtube)
So I want my TV to pop this icon up in the upper right corner :)
1606399340418.png
I also did some research and found in this forum that "Dlog-M is 10bit 420 SDR. In other words, it is 10-bit REC.
709" - does this mean I cannot get the expected result from my footage if it was recorded in Dlog-M?
link

For me its very confusing, as this guide says:
'In other words, when we shoot Log, we shoot HDR!'

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a guide for beginners of the following:

I would like to create HDR content from my M2P Dlog-M 10bit h265 files. And watch it on my LG Oled (b8). I've seen some did this however they never shared the workflow.
(youtube)
So I want my TV to pop this icon up in the upper right corner :)
View attachment 117872
I also did some research and found in this forum that "Dlog-M is 10bit 420 SDR. In other words, it is 10-bit REC.
709" - does this mean I cannot get the expected result from my footage if it was recorded in Dlog-M?
link

For me its very confusing, as this guide says:
'In other words, when we shoot Log, we shoot HDR!'

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Look up work flows for HDR 10 or HLG for your editor of choice on Google.

The footage from your M2P is capable of doing what you want but you’ll require knowledge of color spaces, color primaries, and metadata to do this which I can’t hope to cover in a post but hopefully this will help point you in the right direction.

Reactions: shomci
709"
Oh I see what you are referencing now. If you record in HLG mode it’s already “HDR” out of the camera and doesn’t need to be edited to become HDR. D-log m is a log profile and is needs to be edited.

Note that if you edit footage shot in HLG you’ll need to learn about color spaces etc. just like with D log but if play the original file with no modifications then you don’t.

Reactions: shomci
Oh I see what you are referencing now. If you record in HLG mode it’s already “HDR” out of the camera and doesn’t need to be edited to become HDR. D-log m is a log profile and is needs to be edited.

Note that if you edit footage shot in HLG you’ll need to learn about color spaces etc. just like with D log but if play the original file with no modifications then you don’t.
Thanks Brett, its more clear now.
In the meantime I found this video which helped me achieve my goal finally. :)
I followed the steps (this is for HLG video HDR rendering) but also worked like a charm for Dlog-M as well.
Here is the result with little color grading (I am noob at that as well )

Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji