DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for feedback

Eewan

Reactions

I've had a Phantom 3 4k for a few years but not really made too much use of it due to its size. Just got the MA2 and determined to really up my game.

Have at it! All thoughts and critique welcome. Cheers.

For me it's very good except for the speeded up sections

I'm going to say that I liked the sped up sections. First time I watched it, I did do without sound as I use bluetooth headphones and hadn't turned them on. Second time was with the music, and it works!

I know that most (including me) go for sweeping views and soothing music, but the danger there is that format might only hold people's attention for a minute or so. I think the film was cut to the music (not entirely sure), and I do like the idea of footage from other sources such as the in car stuff mixed in so it's not only drone photography.

So going for a strong choice of music, and bold editing techniques made it a good movie what works well.

Thumbs up :)

My take on the speed ramps, if they add something use them, following the car & speeding up works for me but most don't add to video at all.
If everyone had the same taste then the world would be a dull place keep it up.

Thanks, Iannes. Do you think the speed ramps are poorly implemented or are you just not a fan of the technique?

I'm just not a fan

Reactions: Eewan
My take on the speed ramps, if they add something use them, following the car & speeding up works for me but most don't add to video at all.
If everyone had the same taste then the world would be a dull place keep it up.
Cheers The Cyborg, appreciate the input.

I'm going to say that I liked the sped up sections. First time I watched it, I did do without sound as I use bluetooth headphones and hadn't turned them on. Second time was with the music, and it works!

I know that most (including me) go for sweeping views and soothing music, but the danger there is that format might only hold people's attention for a minute or so. I think the film was cut to the music (not entirely sure), and I do like the idea of footage from other sources such as the in car stuff mixed in so it's not only drone photography.

So going for a strong choice of music, and bold editing techniques made it a good movie what works well.

Thumbs up :)

Thanks! You're spot on. Sweeping music definitely works sometimes and I'm definitely a fan as it can be very evocative. Sometimes I just fancy something a little faster paced though which is why all the speed ramps so the film can still cover the ground. And yes, I am a fan of cutting to the beat as well as mixing in footage from multiple cameras.

Reactions: Greekislandlover
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada