DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for iPad app recommendations for viewing panoramas

• Thread starter FormerMember07122019_2
  • Start date
F

FormerMember07122019_2

As I wait for good weather to attemp my first panorama on my M2P I was hoping to see if anyone has a recommendation for an app for an iPad that would allow me to view 360 deg panoramas offline. I have seen many use the website Kuula and that works great but would like to view them without an Internet connection.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You can use Microsoft Image Editor (ICE) and then stitch all of the panorama images together and save that as one large .jpg file. Then transfer the .jpg to the Ipad using Dropbox upload / download or a cable that plugs into the lightning port and will allow access to Micro SD cards. One can save the .jpg to the Micro SD card and copy it to the Ipad in that fashion.

The Editor in DJI Go 4 will stich and view them. The app I use outisde of Go4 to view them on my Ipad is Theta. There is also a Theta+ for editing but I haven't used it. Ricoh is the publisher of Theta and it's available as an Android app (which I have on my Samsung phone) and as a Windows program. For stitiching the images on my computer I use ICE that BD0G mentioned. All these apps and Windows programs are free. I'm running the programs in Windows 7.

Here are the quick instructions for stitching them in Go4 (you need to be connected to the Mavic).
From the Go4 opening screen, choose the Editor option along the bottom. On the next screen, choose Album along the top edge, then below that, Photos. Look for the photo(s) with the pano or globe symbol in the corner. Tap the marked photos to begin the stitching. When complete, use the download button in the lower left corner to save the stitched photo to the device. Look for them using the Ipad photo app.

When the photos are downloaded off the SD card to the computer, there will be folders for each of the pano/sphero photos with all the individual shots. The actual stitched photos were in the Export Works folder.

You can use Microsoft Image Editor (ICE) and then stitch all of the panorama images together and save that as one large .jpg file. Then transfer the .jpg to the Ipad using Dropbox upload / download or a cable that plugs into the lightning port and will allow access to Micro SD cards. One can save the .jpg to the Micro SD card and copy it to the Ipad in that fashion.

Thanks BDOG, I appreciate the info. I have the lightning to uSD adapter and I believe the drone does the stitching. I just need something to view them in the IOS/iPad environment.

The Editor in DJI Go 4 will stich and view them. The app I use outisde of Go4 to view them on my Ipad is Theta. There is also a Theta+ for editing but I haven't used it. Ricoh is the publisher of Theta and it's available as an Android app (which I have on my Samsung phone) and as a Windows program. For stitiching the images on my computer I use ICE that BD0G mentioned. All these apps and Windows programs are free. I'm running the programs in Windows 7.

Here are the quick instructions for stitching them in Go4 (you need to be connected to the Mavic).
From the Go4 opening screen, choose the Editor option along the bottom. On the next screen, choose Album along the top edge, then below that, Photos. Look for the photo(s) with the pano or globe symbol in the corner. Tap the marked photos to begin the stitching. When complete, use the download button in the lower left corner to save the stitched photo to the device. Look for them using the Ipad photo app.

When the photos are downloaded off the SD card to the computer, there will be folders for each of the pano/sphero photos with all the individual shots. The actual stitched photos were in the Export Works folder.

Hi kadras,

Thanks for the great info. I really appreciate the help. I was under the impression that the photos are stitched in the Mavic 2 directly and I already have a lightning to uSD adapter to get them into the iPad. I was specifically looking for an app in the IOS/iPad environment to view the pano jpg files. I didn’t see theta on the Apple App Store. Do you think they make an IOS version?

Edit: I found the IOS apps. They didn’t get very high ratings but I will download and try them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi kadras,

Thanks for the great info. I really appreciate the help. I was under the impression that the photos are stitched in the Mavic 2 directly and I already have a lightning to uSD adapter to get them into the iPad. I was specifically looking for an app in the IOS/iPad environment to view the pano jpg files. I didn’t see theta on the Apple App Store. Do you think they make an IOS version?
It's there since I have it on my Ipad. I just checked the App Store and it's listed as Ricoh Theta.

Here's the stitched view of a 360 I did earlier this month. I stitched it in both Go4 and ICE. I'm not sure which version this is. 67566

The 360 view, which I didn't upload to Kuula, so there's no way to rotate the 360° online. I posted it on my Facebook page in 360°, but Facebook butchered it to fit its format.
And a screen shot from Theta. My Mavic Pro was 150 ft (46 m) above the red square which was the launch point.

Here's the stitched view of a 360 I did earlier this month. I stitched it in both Go4 and ICE. I'm not sure which version this is. View attachment 67566

The 360 view, which I didn't upload to Kuula, so there's no way to rotate the 360° online. I posted it on my Facebook page in 360°, but Facebook butchered it to fit its format.
View attachment 67567
And a screen shot from Theta. My Mavic Pro was 150 ft (46 m) above the red square which was the launch point.
View attachment 67568

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3