DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for Lens Distortion Correction Parameters for DNG

DavidTcheng

Reactions
I'm trying to make the most accurate 3D geo referenced maps as possible, so I tried shooting in DNG would be good idea to squeeze out just a bit more accuracy. The problem was Pix4D and WebODM do not handle DNG. So then I converted to TIFF and JPG. The TIFFS created lacked the GPS info (might have used wrong conversion tool). The JPGs worked, in both Pix4D and WebODM. However, I found that when you shoot in DNG you get a barrel distortion caused by the lens that is not correct for. I'm working in Ubuntu LINUX, and want to remove the distortion with a tool like:

convert orig.jpg -distort barrel '0.06335 -0.18432 -0.13009' undistorted.jpg

The above example uses parameters from a GoPro camera, but I need to find the right parameter settings for the Mavic 2 Pro. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I'm trying to make the most accurate 3D geo referenced maps as possible, so I tried shooting in DNG would be good idea to squeeze out just a bit more accuracy. The problem was Pix4D and WebODM do not handle DNG. So then I converted to TIFF and JPG. The TIFFS created lacked the GPS info (might have used wrong conversion tool). The JPGs worked, in both Pix4D and WebODM. However, I found that when you shoot in DNG you get a barrel distortion caused by the lens that is not correct for. I'm working in Ubuntu LINUX, and want to remove the distortion :
Your effort to make the most accurate 3D geo referenced maps possible is creating the problem.
Just use the jpg files which have already been corrected and your results should be fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie