DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for lessons in lynnwood wa.

I live in Brier and would be glad to help out.

I’m in Redmond....anyone feel a meetup coming on?????? [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Weather is critical, date is next. Sometime shortly after first of the new year? Or sooner just to fly a little & meetup?

Following this, from Anacortes.... there outta be a forum specific the flyers in the Puget Sound area

Reactions: Chip
Yea just a bit nervous about flying

We can dm info if you want - I have a very large open field near (Redmond near the new Costco) me I practice at and if the weather is good I can meet when schedules jive? I'd love to fly!!!

I work across the canal from you. Where do you fly?

I work in Factoria but live in Ballard. Haven’t flown much around here - Cougar Mtn. Usually I’m touring on my motorcycle and take my Air with me. Looking to do more flying around here, but there are so many no/restricted fly zones, hard to find a place that works.

Following this, from Anacortes.... there outta be a forum specific the flyers in the Puget Sound area

There is a thread discussing the creation of forum specific to a local region. Anyone interested in Puget Sound Forum?

I can volunteer to get it set if you think there is enough interest. I also know there are others not on this site that are interested.

Reactions: Kombucha and Chip
I work in Factoria but live in Ballard. Haven’t flown much around here - Cougar Mtn. Usually I’m touring on my motorcycle and take my Air with me. Looking to do more flying around here, but there are so many no/restricted fly zones, hard to find a place that works.
I have flown from just outside the south border of Carkeek park along the RR tracks during low tide. There is rarely anyone there and it offers unobstructed airspace. Every so often I get lucky and spot a sea lion.

Here is an idea - next Saturday (12/22) at 10:00 those that want to meet, the weather looks dry:

Sixty Acres Park in Redmond, WA::

60 Acres

I have been told that drone flying is done here all the time and is quite within any FAA requirements and is open.

Here is a YouTube video that shows the park:

What to bring?

Drone, controller & batter(ies)...remember to charge your batteries and check for latest firmware.

I realize this is very close to Christmas and might not work for a lot of people but I thought I would throw it out. We can do this anytime (with a little notice) and might be good for all those that get drones for Christmas!!!

Bad weather will cancel.

I have flown from just outside the south border of Carkeek park along the RR tracks during low tide. There is rarely anyone there and it offers unobstructed airspace. Every so often I get lucky and spot a sea lion.

Nice! Not far from me. Looks like a little hike through a nice area.

Thanks!

I know it's late and with all the bad weather - and especially the wind - I am not going to make it tomorrow morning. It's still a good idea and if it is clear anyone that goes please post pics and another time with better weather or a get together with some of us would be great some time - the holidays and weather are complicating things. Take care, fly safe and Merry Christmas!!! Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121