DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for NDgrad filter

hjmavic

Reactions
Hi, I'm looking for an ND grad filter for the MP. Minimal 3 stops. Anybody with suggestions and own experience? Need it for sunset pictures...

Quick search on Amazon resulted in loads. Can't recommend any, though. Personally, I don't bother with grads, just bracket your shot and merge in post.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Personally, I don't bother with grads, just bracket your shot and merge in post.

This. The thing about gradual NDs is that once you see that the photo was taken with a grad, you can't unsee it. Personally, it looks awful... as if the top of the "film" was fried. I cringe every time I see a photo taken with a grad, as it's so obvious!

Couldn't agree more. Graduated ND filters are from the old film camera days where you couldn't HDR-merge photos with a click or add a subtle highlight reduction in post! :)

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I disagree, if you use ND grads the right way, its looks beter then HDR. But everybody his own taste. Thanks for reactions anyway. I will try to do some HDR to check my own opinion [emoji1]

Reactions: 80mojo
Can you report back with how you get on with what you get please? Been looking myself today and all I’ve seen is poor reviews on anything I’ve found.

Reactions: hjmavic
Couldn't agree more. Graduated ND filters are from the old film camera days where you couldn't HDR-merge photos with a click or add a subtle highlight reduction in post! :)

Old film camera days? You are joking. Why do you think Lee is getting rich? The best landscape digital photographers are using ND grad filters.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929