DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for some information and help

Drone4contracting

Reactions
Hello everyone! I just joined this group as I am interested in purchasing a drone for my construction/landscapes business to video and to take pictures of before and after to put on Facebook,Instagram our website and to blow up and give to our clients when we build houses as a gift from us. I’m looking to find the regulations and guidelines and if I need to get faa certified in ny? We do work in Nassau and Suffolk counties if there are any members that can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Reactions: Slade
I’m really going to take people’s opinion in this group as to licensing,laws and drones because I have absolutely no idea. How would I go about finding specific ruling for counties and towns? Or is it just by state? Does anyone in this group live on Long Island?

Reactions: Slade
It is Federal, so national, not just state by state. Find somewhere to take a course, or attend a school to get through it all, then take the FAA test then decide what drone you feel you want. Or just study on line then go to a testing station and sit the test.

I’m really going to take people’s opinion in this group as to licensing,laws and drones because I have absolutely no idea. How would I go about finding specific ruling for counties and towns? Or is it just by state? Does anyone in this group live on Long Island?
Once you’re in the air FAA is the governing law with few exceptions. That said many localities have local ordinances, legal and illegal. Go to their websites or call them for specific info,
Register your drone with FAA, put your registration number easily visible on the outside, and pass the part 107 test for commercial pilots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada