DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for "throw" ability from DJI Go 4 app

tjcooper

Reactions
I tried to post this on the new thread sticky for apps only but it would not allow me to post it there. Can anyone post app questions on that thread?

I want to be able to take the video stream that is going to my Nexus 6 (or Note 4) and I want to "throw" (or "fling") that video stream to another phone or receiver so that they can view it on full head displays. I am sort of going around the full goggle approach but I have a group of people who all have their own headsets from early days of 2.4GHz and 5,.8GHz video transmission who would like to view the flight simultaneously,.

So is there any protocol or "hack" that would take the video stream as it goes to my Android Nexus 6 and throw it out to cell phones or rf receivers of people around me? I know I can take my video stream from my phone and "throw" it to my HDMI TV set. There are WiFi receivers that take "thrown" video and play them on non-HDMI TV sets. So does anyone know if this video stream can be sent out from the phone? Thanks.
tjcooper

I think the word you are looking for Tj is 'CAST'. I've done it to a big TV with Chromecast, but not to multiple devices.

Reactions: dbaim76
There is an iOS app called-SHAREit.
It might work for you if there is an Android substitute

Mymgb,
I have SHAREit on my Lenovo Yoga Tab3 tablet. SHAREit works fine for tablet but they "stopped" any use on the PC after about 6 months. So I can get it from Cell phone to Tablet but not to a computer. I will try to hook up my Yogo Tab3 this weekend to the USB port and see if the Shareit will allow me to see the video on my "non-connected" cell phone while flying the Mavic Pro. Thanks.
tjcooper

If the TV is Smart it might support Miracast. screen mirroring
You might also be able to show the phone display on a laptop and output to a TV by HDMi.
The problem could be the extra load on CPU to do this while running the already demanding DJI app.
Also Chromecast - How to mirror an Android device on your TV

Reactions: Flycaster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser