DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looks like .1000 didn't fix the gimbal reset mid flight issue... =(

Coolblue42

Reactions
Knew the patch notes were too good to be true... Sadly got the dreaded gimbal freakout again on my third battery after updating app and firmware... Honestly its not a massive issue as it flys pretty well for a while but it gives me a heart attack every time that the thing will brick right out of the sky. Luckily it has happened right next to me a couple times and I know its only the gimbal and not the actual bird freaking out as it hovers calmly while its having its seizure. Hopefully this thing can get fixed at some point.

Anyone else still getting it?

Reactions: EsiMavic
Knew the patch notes were too good to be true... Sadly got the dreaded gimbal freakout again on my third battery after updating app and firmware... Honestly its not a massive issue as it flys pretty well for a while but it gives me a heart attack every time that the thing will brick right out of the sky. Luckily it has happened right next to me a couple times and I know its only the gimbal and not the actual bird freaking out as it hovers calmly while its having its seizure. Hopefully this thing can get fixed at some point.

That's not a reset though because recording stops when a reset occurs. Gimbal freakout though for sure!

That's not a reset though because recording stops when a reset occurs. Gimbal freakout though for sure!

Yeah thats typically what happens to me when it does it, mild freakout and then recording shuts off. The one I posted above was the first time it kept recording and was one of the worst gimbal freakouts I have seen so far. So maybe the firmware update even made it worse? IDK...

Same here it didn't fix it [emoji22] [emoji24] [emoji25]
Its a hardware problem and dji should replace it with platinum! [emoji12] [emoji13] [emoji14]

Reactions: Masheen
Do you find this happens only when you are working the gimbal tilt from the remote?
I'm not sure... I don't think so. I'm pretty certain I have been flying straight a few times and it has occured. Sometimes with a interference message sometimes not. That may be a theory to look into though....

I am wondering if DJI isolated and fixed a common gimble/camera reset trigger, the 4GB file changeover, while other causes remain.

Are any of these post .1000 events at 4GB? I have yet to see anyone reporting such. I only ever experienced a handful of 4GB gimbal reset events. None since .1000, although I have not flown .1000 a lot.

My first and only gimbal reset and recording shutoff happened right at the 4G cut - 9:06 at 4K/30. The second one was only a recording shutoff (no gimbal freakout), and it happened well into the 3rd 4G block.

LP

I don't care where in the video it happened,that sucks!o_O No! .1000 didn't fix the gimbal,but it did add some more usless NFZ's!:rolleyes:

I thought you said it happened at 9:16 Camera system resets mid-flight...?
If it was truly at the changeover the file should show up as 3.80GB in explorer.

I know....I was wrong. It happened at 9:06. The 9:16 was what the phone recorded via FPV - the actual video on the card stopped at 9:06.

Sorry about the confusion - I'm forgetting where I post what now. Lots of threads on this and getting confused. I had posted the correction to the DJI forum - Mavic's gimbal reboot during flight

LP

Aha I see. So the file creation issue is still there then.

Thing is with this issue, is that people seem to confuse it with a few other similar issues.

Gimbal reset issue is not when your gimbal freaks out, and carries on recording, nor has it got anything to do with "file spilts". It's when the camera does some weird crap - usually pitches up and towards one side, then drifts down... along with the recording stopping at the very moment. And it can occur at anytime, with any amount of random situations.

That's a gimbal reset.

I had it many times, and it had nothing to do with file sizes. There was times when nothing would happen and the mavic would record close to 30 mins, the files were spilt fine and no gimbal freak outs / resets.

And that is EXACTLY what mine did - up, down, sideways, drift then recording stopped, RIGHT at the 4G split. My guess is that many of these issues are related.

LP

Reactions: Logger

Can't help you with the gimbal issue but if you are flying that drone around a bunch of tourists and/or hikers it just a matter of time before somebody hits it with a stick or a rock.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas