Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Looks like the the Mavic is waterproof.

TrayBoz

Website
www.trayboswell.com
For those of you who have not seen this video and own a Mavic, you really should check it out:

This guy loses his Mavic in the water - it stays completely submerged in several feet of dirty water for over 1/2 hour, then he finds it, dries it out in a bag of rice for 3-4 days, replaces the battery, and then it flies perfectly! I was amazed!

Note: He did NOT attempt to power it up at all before completely drying it out and replacing the battery.

I was impressed.

Cyberpower678

Sorry, I need to offer a reality check here. I'm not trying to be harsh, just realstic. The Mavic is NOT waterproof. Don't go thinking it is just because it got submerged. The water was inside the Mavic's onboard computer all that time and needed to drain. The life expectancy of the Mavic went down considerably with the dirty water. The onboard computer is dry and therefore no more shorts are present, but there is now a **** ton of dirt in there which will eventually blow a component out faster and the Mavic will fail sooner.

mlaczek

Sorry, I need to offer a reality check here. I'm not trying to be harsh, just realstic. The Mavic is NOT waterproof. Don't go thinking it is just because it got submerged. The water was inside the Mavic's onboard computer all that time and needed to drain. The life expectancy of the Mavic went down considerably with the dirty water. The onboard computer is dry and therefore no more shorts are present, but there is now a **** ton of dirt in there which will eventually blow a component out faster and the Mavic will fail sooner.
i think this video is fake.

Robbyg

Nobody has done a proper submerged Mavic rescue video.
Rice is just not going to cut it, you really need to strip it down , flush it out with alcohol. Then clean up an dry out all the ribbon cable connectors and various other parts that tend to harbor water. Also spray out the motors and gimbal mechanism. Even after all of this I am not sure it's going to last a long time before some part what got wet starts to corrode.

Rob

mlaczek

Nobody has done a proper submerged Mavic rescue video.
Rice is just not going to cut it, you really need to strip it down , flush it out with alcohol. Then clean up an dry out all the ribbon cable connectors and various other parts that tend to harbor water. Also spray out the motors and gimbal mechanism. Even after all of this I am not sure it's going to last a long time before some part what got wet starts to corrode.

Rob
but be careful with the alcohol. if remain a little inside, your mavic will blow up or going to drunk :) ooooor you can make a barbecue with it :p

AlanTheBeast

For those of you who have not seen this video and own a Mavic, you really should check it out:

This guy loses his Mavic in the water - it stays completely submerged in several feet of dirty water for over 1/2 hour, then he finds it, dries it out in a bag of rice for 3-4 days, replaces the battery, and then it flies perfectly! I was amazed!

Note: He did NOT attempt to power it up at all before completely drying it out and replacing the battery.

I was impressed.
Seen that. It is not waterproof. It is remarkably water resistant to go by several videos. Some report that it flies badly even after the rice bag.

BTW: better than a rice bag is a food dehydrator set to about 50°C.

mlaczek

Seen that. It is not waterproof. It is remarkably water resistant to go by several videos. Some report that it flies badly even after the rice bag.

BTW: better than a rice bag is a food dehydrator set to about 50°C.
and what do you think about the salt bag? i saw a guy, who dried with salt bag.

TrayBoz

Website
www.trayboswell.com
I don't believe that video is fake. You can clearly see his mavic crashing and sinking in the video - if it was faked this guy should be working for Steven Spielberg. And the way he was jumping up and down after he found out it still worked - that's exactly what I'd be doing. Why submerge your mavic just to make a YouTube video? I'm sure that his mavic was not in prime condition after that soaking, and will probably never be the same again.

Maybe I'll try showering with mine tomorrow....

mlaczek

I don't believe that video is fake. You can clearly see his mavic crashing and sinking in the video - if it was faked this guy should be working for Steven Spielberg. And the way he was jumping up and down after he found out it still worked - that's exactly what I'd be doing. Why submerge your mavic just to make a YouTube video? I'm sure that his mavic was not in prime condition after that soaking, and will probably never be the same again.

Maybe I'll try showering with mine tomorrow....
please use glicerine free showergel :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okabass