DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loose screw?

adam3112

Reactions
I’ve had the Mini 3 for a day now and love it so far. It has flown flawlessly.

However I noticed today when I picked it up to charge it that it was rattling inside. After taking the battery out and giving it a little shake, a tiny screw had fallen out. Checking the drone over with my torch around the arms, gimbal and inside the battery casing, all screws appear to be there, so it’s not obvious where it has come from. Should I be concerned? B8CBDA19-6CD2-4B22-9C1D-20B34F2CE0B6.jpeg

@adam3112 if the rattle has now disappeared with the screw out then i would keep it safe as it might come in handy at some point in the future, has it got any plastic residue on it to show it might have been screwed into some part of the frame ,or is it shiny and new
it looks like it was left inside during production, apart from dissembling the entire drone not a good idea ,you really have no way of knowing where it came from

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
@adam3112 if the rattle has now disappeared with the screw out then i would keep it safe as it might come in handy at some point in the future, has it got any plastic residue on it to show it might have been screwed into some part of the frame ,or is it shiny and new
it looks like it was left inside during production, apart from dissembling the entire drone not a good idea ,you really have no way of knowing where it came from
There’s no residue on the screw. It looks new to me. I can’t detect any more rattling either.

Not going to attempt to dissemble it as I know that will make things worse.

To be honest I would email DJI and ask them, they might recognise the screw.
My concern would be, not that it is a dropped screw but a used screw, that should be in place.
Some items are likely to have only one or two screws holding them in place and losing one, for whatever reason, might strain the item etc..
Any return should be a warranty matter and FOC.

Does it make any difference if I do not have Care Refresh? I don’t fancy forking out any more money tbh

No, it is not pilot caused damage, it is a warranty issue, i.e.possibly faulty goods. As such if DJI decide it warrant a return it is FOC as far as you are concerned.
If DJI say ignore it and keep flying, KEEP THE EMAIL just in case something later goes wrong

A drone with a screw loose 🤣... thats probably the explanation for all the funny behaviours various people are reporting, like signal dropping, blurry corners, dark areas in panoramas.

No need to worry, just need to recognise some mini 3s have "a screw loose"

Lol, sorry, couldn't resist a bit of poor humour🤡

Mini#Pro_Internal_Screw_Close.jpg

Here is the loose screw that appeared in my battery compartment on a Mini 3 Pro yesterday, 7/26/22.
There were no preceding flight problems, and this drone has had no crashes.

I posted to the DJI Support Forum, they requested pictures of the inside of the battery compartment, then instructed me to send the drone back to them for reasons of Flight Safety. I reposted, willing to try to fix here. No response so far.

For real-world Scale...
Mini#Pro_Internal_Screw.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada