DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loosing control

Kian

Reactions
I was flying my mavic at night and I noticed while taking off it kept tilting right and left and started doing things by itself. When I tried to bring it down it didn't respond. What should I do??

I was flying my mavic at night and I noticed while taking off it kept tilting right and left and started doing things by itself. When I tried to bring it down it didn't respond. What should I do??
Grab it before the battery dies!

Did you try putting the remote in sport mode or disabling sensors? That's the first thing to try.

it's normal!! 1. you shouldn't fly at night, it's illegal,
2. at night sensors may go crazy and here the drone is danger for you and others, you should desactivate sensors.
3. you should check your IMU states, cause if it need calibration it become unstable and go at all direction at iyself and become incontrollable.
with all my respect, we, as pilots should be responsible, it's not a toy. I recommand you to not take risks like that, we should consider any bad thing may happen. sheers [emoji4]

Did you try putting the remote in sport mode or disabling sensors? That's the first thing to try.
Except for the suggestion I just quoted above, everyone else is suggesting nonsense. I don't have your flight log, feel free to upload it, but I'm assuming the sensors weren't able to cope with the low ambient light and as such the VPS couldn't keep the craft stable. How did you try to bring it down?

As Cyberpower has said.... If you try and fly your Mavic at night, the light levels are too low for the VPS sensors to operate correctly - so the Mavic will disable them. This will result in the craft moving around a bit during hover, as it's only relying on GPS to position itself.
It's amazing how much of a difference VPS positioning makes when you are used to flying the Mavic in daylight.
The worrying part of your post is that it wouldn't land.... more information required.

Night flights are illegal.... depends countries man.... never heard about this rule in Switzerland

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55