DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loosing transmission signal - only 200-300 yards away

Skrems

Reactions
I took the mavic out to Carnegie to catch some hill climbing video. I was in the valley and everything started up normally and I followed one rider up the hill. So far so good but then the iPhone says no transmission signal RTM? I hit cancel as it was in line of sight so I just flew it back and landed. I shut everything down and restarted and tried again and got maybe 3 minutes of video and it happened again. Land/restart/try again. Same issue.

Crazy thing happened 3 times before I packed up and brought the mavic home.

I was close - always oriented the antennas towards craft etc.

Has anyone experienced this? I frequently get miles away with exact same phone/controller/craft/cable.

Would logs show anything?

Here is video that shows how close I was - I was with the group of bikes at the bottom.

Thanks!

I took the mavic out to Carnegie to catch some hill climbing video. I was in the valley and everything started up normally and I followed one rider up the hill. So far so good but then the iPhone says no transmission signal RTM? I hit cancel as it was in line of sight so I just flew it back and landed. I shut everything down and restarted and tried again and got maybe 3 minutes of video and it happened again. Land/restart/try again. Same issue.

Crazy thing happened 3 times before I packed up and brought the mavic home.

I was close - always oriented the antennas towards craft etc.

Has anyone experienced this? I frequently get miles away with exact same phone/controller/craft/cable.

Would logs show anything?

Here is video that shows how close I was - I was with the group of bikes at the bottom.

Thanks!

I have been going through this same issue and it’s been going on since I purchased my mavic two months ago. I can never go anywhere near one mile before it has transmission loss. I tried a lot of things like firmware upgrade, delete dji app and reinstall it, purchased a new cable for the controllers USB port, I recently purchased an iPhone 8 Plus and even that wasn’t working I’m still getting signal loss. I was told by a dji rep to bind the controller back with the mavic and see if that works. I did the process for that and will fly it out tomorrow. I’m not sure how that helps any but hopefully it works. If you find a fix for yours please share thanks in advance and good luck

Reactions: Skrems and OZPILOT
I did two tests today - one with a true Apple lightning cable (1ft) plugged into USB port on bottom of controller and it worked perfect. Plugged the original Mavic cable in on side and had the loss of transmission again. I started moving and pushing it and got the signal back.

Bad cable....

Last edited:
I did two tests today - one with a true Apple lightning cable (1ft) plugged into USB port on bottom of controller and it worked perfect. Plugged the original Mavic cable in on side and had the loss of transmission again. I started moving and pushing it and got the signal back.

Bad cable....
Question? Is there such a thing as a charging cable and a data charging cable? Chuck.

Question? Is there such a thing as a charging cable and a data charging cable? Chuck.

I know there are some cheap knock off cables for charging only but I have only used the supplied cable that came with the Mavic and now a Apple original cable. Turns out just a cable problem.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ