DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing Connection

Drew1405

Reactions
Just a quick question and it may seem like a stupid one but I'm very new to drones. I've only tested my Mavic twice since I got it but I am wondering, if my Mavic loses connection with the controller and it does a RTH, is it just physical control that I lose or do I lose the camera view too?

if my Mavic loses connection with the controller and it does a RTH, is it just physical control that I lose or do I lose the camera view too?
You will lose both the remote controller connection (the uplink) and the video connection (the downlink).

In some cases, the downlink drops before the uplink. If that happens, you'll still have control of the Mavic until the uplink drops too.

Reactions: Drew1405
Thank you. I'm intending to test my RTH function on my next flight as I haven't used it yet but I just wondered for safety's sake, if I actually lost connection would I still be able to see where the drone is going by camera view if it's a little to hard to see by VLOS.

if I actually lost connection would I still be able to see where the drone is going by camera view if it's a little to hard to see by VLOS
You will not be able to see the drone's location in DJI GO after the downlink drops.

Reactions: Drew1405
Here are several resources that might help you understand the the signal technologies on your Mavic Pro and help you set up your android devise to minimize connection issues (if you're using and android).

#1: DJI Mavic - Explaining Compass Errors & GPS Issues - Part 1 Flight Mode Basics

#2: DJI Mavic - Explaining Compass Errors & GPS Issues - Part 2 Compass Error

#3: DJI Mavic - Explaining Compass Errors & GPS Issues - Part 3 GPS

These three videos were incredibly helpful to my understanding of the delicate balance between “magnetic north”, those “Global Positioning Satellites” orbiting the earth, the compass, IMU, and navigation technologies on board my Mavic Pro.

Attachments

• Inst DJI GO on Android.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
  • Prevent Fly-away.pdf
    9.3 MB · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member