DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing control and reports from Mavic Air 1 intermittantly

Harold Morgan

Reactions
Hi. Last couple of days I have lost control of the Mavic. It reports it is moving when it is stationary and vice-versa, altitude either wrong or does not change, and today the drone did not stop when I released the joystick. Fortunately I had prop guards on so the crash didn't hurt anything.. Would these be the clues of a maladjusted IMU? I just adjusted it. It seems that it starts acting up after I change batteries for a second flight. Could be coincidence. I calibrated the vision sensors about a week ago. I also have a pretty crappy Samsung tablet I won't rule out.

I would refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC and reset it to factory.

Calibrating vision sensors is risky, why did you do it ?

I'd also delete and reinstall DJI Go4 on the tablet

Would these be the clues of a maladjusted IMU? I just adjusted it. It seems that it starts acting up after I change batteries for a second flight. Could be coincidence.
I also have a pretty crappy Samsung tablet I won't rule out.
The tablet and changing batteries are extremely unlikely to have any effect at all.
As always, the first thing to do to understand what might be the cause, is to look at the recorded flight data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides gives you.

I would refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC and reset it to factory.

Calibrating vision sensors is risky, why did you do it ?

I'd also delete and reinstall DJI Go4 on the tablet
I'll try resetting the firmware to factory. I hadn't heard that resetting vision sensors was risky. I did notice it takes a while to understand what I needed to be doing.

The tablet and changing batteries are extremely unlikely to have any effect at all.
As always, the first thing to do to understand what might be the cause, is to look at the recorded flight data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides gives you.
I thought that it might be heat related (only showing up after a 2nd flight), but I can hear the internal fans running. I will learn how to get access to the log and post later.

Last edited:
I thought that it might be heat related (only showing up after a 2nd flight), but I can hear the internal fans running. I will learn how to get access to the log and post later. UPDATE. My file is too large and it is a .DAT file. Your link won't read it. What should I use?
It's the .txt file that you upload.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest