DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing range with my mini

David Smith

Reactions
Hi Everyone. I've had my Mini for a year now. But something strange is happening when I fly it home. When I lower the altitude. It flys backward at the same time it's descending. All I'm doing is pulling the left stick back to land. (No obstacles nearby or below). Not touching the right stick. Is there something I need to do to re-format the drone? Possibly back to factory settings (If there are any). Not sure if the following is connected or not. I used to be able to fly over a mile away at 200 ft straight out over the empty fields in front of my home. But now I get "adjust signal" warnings when I've only flown 50 mtrs. I've done this flight lots of times. now it won't let me. Please help. I feel a mini 2 coming on.
Thanks Dave

doesnt make sense - can you upload a set of logs and someone can have a look?

As per other posts, upload a flight log for a flight where you've had the issues as that will give the best insight into what's going on.

Have you had any motor overspeed or warnings asking you to replace props recently? Also, check the version of your Fly app. I had issues with 1.1.9 and 1.1.10, getting poor range and signal warnings. I believe 1.2.0 is also problematic, but I've not personally tried it. I'm now running 1.2.1 and everything seems to be working well.

Hi Everyone. I've had my Mini for a year now. But something strange is happening when I fly it home. When I lower the altitude. It flys backward at the same time it's descending. All I'm doing is pulling the left stick back to land. (No obstacles nearby or below). Not touching the right stick. Is there something I need to do to re-format the drone? Possibly back to factory settings (If there are any). Not sure if the following is connected or not. I used to be able to fly over a mile away at 200 ft straight out over the empty fields in front of my home. But now I get "adjust signal" warnings when I've only flown 50 mtrs. I've done this flight lots of times. now it won't let me. Please help. I feel a mini 2 coming on.
Thanks Dave
I thought it depends on the orientation the drone was in when you took off in the first place. If it was facing backwards when you took off it will turn and land facing backwards. Is it landing in a different direction from it's take off direction? It should land in the exact direction it was facing when it took off. It will also turn in that direction just before it proceeds to land.

I don't think he's describing RTH, but rather manually flying home and landing.
It's true that you can't alter course heading in RTH where yaw only changes which way it's facing, but RTH doesn't descend and fly horizontally at the same time.

Reactions: scro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580