DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loss of Gimbal control after .510 upgrade

SkyeHigh

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’ve had an odd issue with a Mavic Pro 2 following firmware .510 upgrade on the aircraft and controller. On launch the aircraft hovered normally but there was no control of the gimbal from the controller. The camera image was unstable. When powered down the gimbal can be moved freely so nothing sticking.

Tried again today at a different location and exactly the same issue. Maximum height was 30-metres.

In both cases the gimbal did its usual corner to corner calibration on startup without issue so the gimbal is operating.

Later today I tried again and... it just worked normally.

Anyone else experienced this?

Reactions: gberry
I’ve had an odd issue with a Mavic Pro 2 following firmware .510 upgrade on the aircraft and controller. On launch the aircraft hovered normally but there was no control of the gimbal from the controller. The camera image was unstable. When powered down the gimbal can be moved freely so nothing sticking.

Tried again today at a different location and exactly the same issue. Maximum height was 30-metres.

In both cases the gimbal did its usual corner to corner calibration on startup without issue so the gimbal is operating.

Later today I tried again and... it just worked normally.

Anyone else experienced this?

Were you able to resolve this issue? I have the same issue.. Camera works fine and the adjustments, just no Gimbal control? I still have not been able to fix my problem, however i tried this:
I swapped out the core board with other Mavic 2 and it works fine so its not the camera. Narrowed down to something with the Core board.

So far the issue hasn’t reoccurred. So not sure if it is an intermittent problem.

It does look like it is the gimbal drive logic in your case from the core board replacement. If mine happens again hopefully a board swap will resolve it permanently.

Thanks for letting me know.

Good day, I seem to be having this issue as well with the Gimble. I lose the ability to control the gimbal during flight. When I power up the unit on the ground, I am able to pan and tilt, but once I am in the air, I don't have the ability to pan and tilt. Intermittently I will regain the function temporarily, but usually not. Once I land the drone, I "may" re-gain functionality, but most times I have to restart the drone in order for the gimble to work. During my flights, other functions work such as stability of the gimble and I'm able to record and take photos. The first time I noticed it happening there was nothing I could do to make it work for the entire day, but about three days later when I tried flying again, I had the same issue at first but when I landed and took off again, everything worked perfectly fine.

On other occasions, I will have no control over the gimble during flight, even though I changed nothing from the previous good flights. I have reset the unit, I've also formatted the memory card, I have even tried doing a firmware downgrade, nothing seems to work. I cannot reliably re-create the issue except that it mostly happens once I'm in the air. It actually seems to be a problem that is getting more persistent over time. One other thing that I noticed is the tilt angle indicator on the phone display will be grayed out whenever I don't have control of the gimble. If it's sitting on a table and I touch the gimbal with my finger, the indicator dial on the phone screen will become active and show the angle, but after two seconds it goes gray again.

Hopefully, somebody here has a suggestion short of contacting DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO