DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loss of Remote Connection in Close Proximity

PS01

Reactions
Today I flew my Mavic 2 Pro and suddenly lost connection with remote control. The drone just took off, so it's merely 20 meters high and nothing blocking between me and it whatsoever. So I immediately pressed the RTH/landing button and it landed safely. Then, I tried again and the same thing happened for the 2nd time, this time there was a total loss of control. And after a few minutes I regained control and was able to land it safely.
My only question is: what happened? Was I being jammed? How do I know if I was being jammed? Is there an anti Jammer to install on my drone?

The logs will tell much, but this:

"And after a few minutes I regained control and was able to land it safely."​

No RTH for a few minutes indicate that it was still in communication with the remote, even if you seemingly had no control. At least, it seems that way to me.

Defective remote? Where the radio signal is still going, but the controls on the front panel don't respond? Have you ever dropped the remote?

Chris

Hi guys, can anyone help me analyze these logs please? I don't understand them. What happened that caused connection loss?

Last edited:
...20 meters high and nothing blocking between me and it whatsoever. So I immediately pressed the RTH/landing button and it landed safely.

... the 2nd time, this time there was a total loss of control. And after a few minutes I regained control and was able to land it safely.

...what happened?

Think you got the description of the flights mixed ...

You got a total video/telemetry down link disconnect in the first flight ... that's the one that stops mid air at 129sec ... if you could command RTH in that stage you still had an functioning up link or the fail safe RTH started due to lost connection.

1582587490128.png

In the second flight you once again lost down link at 57sec. & fail safe RTH starts or if you command RTH. The signal is regained at 123sec while the AC lands.

1582587620575.png

Impossible to say why you lost the connection based on these logs ... a hint can be that you flew right above you & didn't point your antennas accordingly.

1582588249659.png

Reactions: PS01 and Thomas B
Think you got the description of the flights mixed ...

You got a total video/telemetry down link disconnect in the first flight ... that's the one that stops mid air at 129sec ... if you could command RTH in that stage you still had an functioning up link or the fail safe RTH started due to lost connection.

View attachment 94983

In the second flight you once again lost down link at 57sec. & fail safe RTH starts or if you command RTH. The signal is regained at 123sec while the AC lands.

View attachment 94984

Impossible to say why you lost the connection based on these logs ... a hint can be that you flew right above you & didn't point your antennas accordingly.

View attachment 94987
Thank you sooo much for analyzing my flights! I appreciate it very much! But I think I've found out the culprit: it's the micro USB slot and the cable, and also I've reconnected the rc to drone. So far the problem hasn't reoccurred.

Reactions: Thomas B
Many Mavic pilots never use the micro USB port on the remote for flying and use the full size usb on the bottom of the remote. The micro USB port on the remote is quite fragile and easily broken and the cables supplied by DJI are of dubious quality and this combination has caused many disconnections. However, the phone or tablet is only a viewing device both for the camera and the app. The drone (certainly the Mavic Pro 1) can be flown without a phone or tablet. More of a challenge but still doable.

Reactions: PS01

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji