DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loss of video transmission signal

ZoomShakalaka

Reactions
Howdy, longtime crawler, first time poster.

I have a Mavic 2 Zoom that I ordered from the DJI website and shipped to Australia in September. The thing is amazing but I have a major issue where mid-flight randomly the video stream to my phone (iPhone 7) drops out and I have to bring the Mavic back in and reboot the craft to resume the video.

This happens on about 98% of the flights I have made (24 so far).

I have approached DJI support on FB Messenger and we went through and refresh updated the craft and controller again but the issue still persists.

It’s hard to replicate the issue but it seems when the drone is changing angles quickly the video drops out, sometimes it restores but more often than not, the video signal is lost completely and I have to fly the drone home ‘blind’ using the GPS map.

If anyone has experienced something similar please let me know, or even if you have any suggestions to help that would be great.

I’m in Iceland at the moment and this issue is making capturing anything decent a total nightmare.

Cheers

J

Try using usb on bottom of remote instead of the one on the side, be sure to unplug the one on the side when you try it.

Reactions: ZoomShakalaka
It seems that the most common 'accessory' purchased for DJI Drones, is a decent controller/phone USB cable! Try using your iPhone's charging cable, but plug it into the USB 2.0 socket in the base of the controller, and remember to unplug the other [micro-USB] cable from the side of your RC controller.

Reactions: ZoomShakalaka
Thanks for the responses! I’ll give these both a shot! I missed out on a massive iceberg today that was about 2kms off shore and the video dropped out as soon as I got there. Only had one battery with me and couldn’t return again after a reboot.

Cheers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato