DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost a control stick - best thing that’s happened

Mavić_Legenda

Reactions
So it turns out that using the Mavic Pro 2 controller without that little control stick allows for ultra-precise smooth movements. I use mode 3 where the right stick is used for turning left/right (yaw) and up/down. No stick means the right thumb grips the plastic ball bearing for better control. Has anyone else tried this?

How do you get better control that way ?
Generally a longer stick gives better / smother control because a ¼ inch movement on a long stick is approximately equivalent to a ⅛ inch on a sahort stick, you have to move the stick further to get the same movement of the drone giving a smother movement with greater accuracy.
If you find that way better who am I to question but I just don't see how.

How do you get better control that way ?
Generally a longer stick gives better / smother control because a ¼ inch movement on a long stick is approximately equivalent to a ⅛ inch on a sahort stick, you have to move the stick further to get the same movement of the drone giving a smother movement with greater accuracy.
If you find that way better who am I to question but I just don't see how.
I agree with you @THE CYBORG . Precision and accuracy is achieved with smaller, more precise, and finely controlled stick movements. Physics and geometry tell us that the longer the stick is, the more precise movements can be achieved. Maybe it just comes down to the feel for the OP.

I'm going to try it. Two fewer steps to get flying.

I have PolarPro thumb extensions on my M2P for the very reason that longer stick throw gives you better and smoother control.

Physics dictates longer is better, but if this works for you, all more the power to you.

I agree with you..I've tried no stick and decided that a little nub is what I would probably like best. The longer stick seems to work best for the pinch method. I think my air 2 sticks feel a little long.

"Bracing" the frame gives textile feedback than a thumb on top of the stick won't allow.

So it turns out that using the Mavic Pro 2 controller without that little control stick allows for ultra-precise smooth movements. I use mode 3 where the right stick is used for turning left/right (yaw) and up/down. No stick means the right thumb grips the plastic ball bearing for better control. Has anyone else tried this?
Yes. I tried it and agree it is better.

Yes. I tried it and agree it is better.
Yeah, for me it works because I find the yaw movements (left/right turns) too sensitive and jarring with sticks on, even when EXP and Gain are heavily reduced. The textile feel of thumb bracing the ball bearing is great. Stick is fine for the other thumb.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e