DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost a dji mavic mini

19Prizma88

Reactions
Hello pilots. I have a problem finding my drone. I flew it in a really bad terrain, when suddenly i lost connection to Rc. It was my fault because I flew it behind a cliff..my problem is, that after it crashed somewhere in that terrain, and i was looking for him, i managed to reconnect for a brief time, i did even see a video feed for two seconds. Problem is, that the gps in find my drone app shows some crap, because the drone coordinates are hundreds of kilometers from me...i was trying to find the right spot, where the connection would be good, but all i achieved was that it connected just for a second and lost the connection. This occured three times. Is there some log or txt file in the dji app file, which shows even the previous coordinates from the last known position? Maybe the last time it reconnected the drone sent a corrupted coordinates. Thanks for help

Hello pilots. I have a problem finding my drone. I flew it in a really bad terrain, when suddenly i lost connection to Rc. It was my fault because I flew it behind a cliff..my problem is, that after it crashed somewhere in that terrain, and i was looking for him, i managed to reconnect for a brief time, i did even see a video feed for two seconds. Problem is, that the gps in find my drone app shows some crap, because the drone coordinates are hundreds of kilometers from me...i was trying to find the right spot, where the connection would be good, but all i achieved was that it connected just for a second and lost the connection. This occured three times. Is there some log or txt file in the dji app file, which shows even the previous coordinates from the last known position? Maybe the last time it reconnected the drone sent a corrupted coordinates. Thanks for help
Your recorded flight data is your best chance.
Post it and someone might be able to help.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

That I can see you had the RTH set at 98.4ft/30m and the signal was lost with the drone at 334ft/102m, the drone was set to RTH if there was a disconnection.
If that is correct the drone would have flown straight towards home at the height of 334ft, if there was a hillside or tree etc. en route at that height then I suspect that that is the start point for a search.
On a map I would draw a straight line between the disconnection point and the home point a see if it meets a hillside at whatever height 334ft above the take off point equates to.

I am sorry to say but looking at the Google's Streetview photos of the area I think you are going to be very lucky to find it.

That I can see you had the RTH set at 98.4ft/30m and the signal was lost with the drone at 334ft/102m, the drone was set to RTH if there was a disconnection.
If that is correct the drone would have flown straight towards home at the height of 334ft, if there was a hillside or tree etc. en route at that height then I suspect that that is the start point for a search.
On a map I would draw a straight line between the disconnection point and the home point a see if it meets a hillside at whatever height 334ft above the take off point equates to.

I am sorry to say but looking at the Google's Streetview photos of the area I think you are going to be very lucky to find it.
Yeah, i was struggling to find it...thanks for the reply

The last location reported by the app was 32.70792 -17.08749, at 9:03.7 when the drone was 600 metres away and 100 metres higher than the launch point.

The highest point on the RTH path was at 32.70696 17.08748, about 105 metres south of the most distant point.
The drone was at a height that was quite close to the height of the ground at that point, so it is likely that it hit a tree somewhere before that.

If I was searching, I'd put the location where signal was lost into a GPS and also the location of the highest point and walk the line between them.
Depending on the height of trees there, it could be some distance north of that high point and might be either in the branches of a tree or on the ground.

i-bsJ7Fdp.jpg

Does the drone keeb the height 334ft or it slowly descends towards the 30m...? If it descends...in what rate? Thanks...

Does the drone keeb the height 334ft or it slowly descends towards the 30m...? If it descends...in what rate? Thanks...
If it is higher than the RTH height that was set, it will stay at that height and RTH.
It won't descend to the set height.

@19Prizma88 wrote this, but selected report instead of reply:

I started looking for it there yesterday but the foliage is too dense and tall..i thought it was there aomewhere because it was the only point where i could find just a second of the signal from it before the battery got drained completely....i was on the path aprox. 20 m to the west from that highest point....we will see..i was wondering if the app does not store the previous gps coordinates from the find my drone app..because when it connected the last time i got wrong coordinates....maybe before that i could have gotten right ones

If it is higher than the RTH height that was set, it will stay at that height and RTH.
It won't descend to the set height.
Are you sure? Because as i am aware, on the path, there is nothing higher than those 120 m...based on the photage i have seen flying there

Given that the drone was higher than the RTH height it WILL NOT descend UNTIL it is over the home point, then it descends vertically.
Have a look at the 5th diagram on page 14 of the manual.
The written description in that diagram is badly worded but that is not unusual but the diagram itself depicts the situation correctly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929