DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost but don't know the reason.

eyz

Reactions
Lent my MP1 to a friend for his trip to Indonesia.

He told me that some motor error occurred and the drone just dropped into the sea.

he's gonna compensate me but I would like to find out the reason for the mishap and got him to send the flight log to me.

Reactions: xspwhite
tried, but this error msg popped up.

"You may only upload DJI GO TXT flight logs (e.g. "DJIFlightRecord_2016-02-11_[12-39-59].txt") or Litchi CSV flight logs (e.g. "2016-02-07_15-39-59_v2.csv")."

am I doing anything wrong

tried, but this error msg popped up.

"You may only upload DJI GO TXT flight logs (e.g. "DJIFlightRecord_2016-02-11_[12-39-59].txt") or Litchi CSV flight logs (e.g. "2016-02-07_15-39-59_v2.csv")."

am I doing anything wrong
Did you read the directions about how to locate your flight logs?

Im wondering if that file within the dropbox account is actually a .csv file in its raw state. If it is one could just highlight and copy everything in that file and paste it into something like notepad. Then just save the file with a .csv file extension. That is providing it is actually a .csv file of the flight log.

it's in .txt format, but I can't seem to figure the reason why it wasn't able to be uploaded.

when i open the file, its in some weird fonts.

I tried changing to .csv before uploading, it didn't work either.

I'm asking my friend to send me another copy.

Update: Ok, I changed my file name from .txt to .csv from my desktop and managed to upload the file to phantomhelp. However, there wasn't any available data available in the table.

here's the link to the DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com btw

Im wondering if that file within the dropbox account is actually a .csv file in its raw state. If it is one could just highlight and copy everything in that file and paste it into something like notepad. Then just save the file with a .csv file extension. That is providing it is actually a .csv file of the flight log.

Last edited:
Lent my MP1 to a friend for his trip to Indonesia.

He told me that some motor error occurred and the drone just dropped into the sea.

he's gonna compensate me but I would like to find out the reason for the mishap and got him to send the flight log to me.

He's approximately correct - the aircraft lost a propeller 378 seconds into the flight:

There was around 20 seconds of unstable flight leading up to that as well, which suggests some kind of damage to the prop or the mounting system.

ahh how did you see those data? I see nothing from it!

thanks for the info!

yes I know that. I'd explained to my friend that the bird is an intelligent being, and will still be able to fly even with a broken prop.

so for more than 5 mins, the drone was flying fine despite a unsecured prop?

I assume that it was ascending all those while, and the moment it descend, the prop came off?

I assume that it was ascending all those while, and the moment it descend, the prop came off?
It had been holding steady, with no elevator or throttle inputs for some time. Weird rudder inputs, but that could be just looking around at the scenery?
Then down she came.
Untitled.jpg

yes I know that. I'd explained to my friend that the bird is an intelligent being, and will still be able to fly even with a broken prop.

No - it was most unlikely to be incorrectly mounted - that would have come off much sooner. And while these aircraft will fly with partially broken props, if that was the case then it must have failed during flight.

Reactions: BD0G and Simmo
then any idea what is the reason for the failure?

is there any data showing the rpm of each motor?
No - it was most unlikely to be incorrectly mounted - that would have come off much sooner. And while these aircraft will fly with partially broken props, if that was the case then it must have failed during flight.

How can I learn to read the flight data? are there any instructions posted anywhere?

Reactions: AnzacJack
then any idea what is the reason for the failure?

is there any data showing the rpm of each motor?

Motor speed data are in the mobile device DAT file. The initial flight problems coincided with the application of full left aileron. The aircraft initially responded normally, but after a couple of seconds some significant oscillations started. When the stick was centered, 20 seconds later, the more catastrophic event - probably total prop loss - occurred, prompting the following error messages:

06m 13s Warning Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution.
06m 22s Warning Propeller Fell Off. Motor Idling (Propeller Loose or Missing)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair