DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Connection after hitting RTH.

nondem

Reactions
I've been trying to work my way through all of the features and functions with my Mavic 2 Zoom so that I can eventually know what I'm doing in any situation using Litchi or DJI 4 Go.
FTR - I've pretty much decided to use DJI 4 Go for everything except Waypoint missions.
Anyway - I did my first litchi web hub created Waypoint mission using Litchi yesterday. I just did a modest route around a local park with several POI and a couple of altitude changes. That part went fine. The "problem" I had was when it was finished I hit RTH and litchi immediately reported signal lost. I believe I had no control over the AC after that point but I didn't try the control sticks(wish I had now). Fortunately - it was right overhead and landed without incident. I don't habitually use RTH but as I mention above - I want to experience all of the functions.
I was puzzled but with a fresh battery I switched to DJI 4 Go and did a couple more direct-control flights w/o any issues.
After thinking it over - I am wondering if the problem was that I was still in waypoint mode in litchi and needed to swap to FPV?
I didn't think to notice if the controller still had an effect on the AC or had any useful status info on it's screen - I was just focused on and slightly panicked about the loss of control status message on the top bar of litchi.

You can fly manually all day in Litchi WP mode. So the combo of RTH and Litchi WP are probably not the culprit. "Right over head" can often be the culprit, if the pointy end of the antennas are aimed at the drone.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11