DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection. Dont know why this happened.

Sneak

Reactions
Hey guys! So I've had this mini 2 for 21 days it said. I've never had any problems with connection before. But today I popped a battery in and went outside to fly. First flight I get about 40 feet away and I'm real low probably about 20 feet in the air, all of a sudden I completely lose signal and that red message pops up and says Aircraft not connected. So it starts returning to home and a few seconds after it begins returning it reconnected to my controller. That kind of scared me so i landed it restarted everything and tried it again. Had another complete disconnect just feet away from the homepoint. Lastly the 3rd flight of the day it did it again.
It's wanting to D/C right after launch it seems and never more than a few feet away. The last D/C it took about 15 seconds for it to reconnect to full bars. It had like 18 satellites connected at the time. So on that last DC I canceled the RTH after it reconnected and I took her for a long flight. Everything worked perfectly and the signal held beautifully. This has me a little worried though...
Does anyone else have problems that relate to this? Disconnecting from the signal abruptly right after launch, not far from homepoint. Thank you for reading. I appreciate any input. Also do I need a separate program to read the flight logs?

So looking back at the flight. It first says Weak Signal. Adjust antenna. A few seconds later it says Aircraft not connected to RC. Remote controller signal lost. This happened about 40 seconds into flight.

Are you in a densely populated area where you can get single interference or a wide open space?

What firmware version are you running?

Wide open space. Dont know where to find the firmware version but my app is DJI Fly 1.5.10

What I would do is fly the same pattern again be wary your going to loose connection this time dont panic and just raise your alt , most likely you will find that its going to reconnect quickly . This is just good practice for when that happens.

The other thing I would do is when flying out check your transmission an switch it over so see if you get a better signal as well as others have pointed out check your position with the controller .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

What do you mean by checking transmission and switching it over? Is this in the settings? Also I thought i should add that today I did an RC calibration(I think thats what its called). During the calibration it asked me to move the sticks and wheel to full tilt and I did that but I noticed that my right sticks were did not pick up for the first 4 pushes like not until i fully pushed the stick to the left 5 times did it complete. Is this normal? It doesnt seem like my controller is damaged because when the drone is flying the controls are really sensitive to each small touch.

This was posted in another thread but I'll leave it here too.

It appears that the latest version (1.5.10) has a bug that has been reported here, DJI forum and now this review.

Check your environment and line of site. You're clearly in an area that has interference in various forms. I would also suggest you read the manual in full that describes how to resolve and avoid this issue.

It says to do so tight on the box. So many issues in the forums are because people just don't want to take the time to actually read these avoidable problems.

Regarding the calibration of the controller, it is not unusual fot the first few pushes of a stick or dial to 'do' nothing. I would be more worried if, after showing a response, it stopped responding or the indicated travel did not reach 100%.
If it is a bug in 1.5.10 and you are using an Android phone you could always remove the app and try reinstalling it or get the APK for one of the earlier versions from an APK hosting site and instal the earlier version.

Reactions: Sneak

It appears that the latest version (1.5.10) has a bug that has been reported here, DJI forum and now this review.

It's not the DJI Fly app version but the new Mini 2 firmware v1.04.0000 what's causing the issue.

Reactions: March411

Could you provide the time-stamp in the vid where he actually gets to the point?

Thx,

TCS

It's not the DJI Fly app version but the new Mini 2 firmware v1.04.0000 what's causing the issue.
So the current Mini-2 firmware has this problem, and the Failure to Climb problem?

None of my 3 Mini-2s have ever shown this problem, and their firmware gets updated whenever Ms Fly asks me to.

However, I live in a very remote area with little interference. All the power and comm lines are underground in my neighborhood.

As always, I'd be interested in the incidence of this problem, in addition to the existence of it. How many people have seen this problem?

If my theory about the Failure to Climb problem being a firmware installation problem is correct, then OP's suggestion about re-installing the current firmware might just solve it.

Thx,

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123