DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Control with DroneLink - Powered Off Controller - Resume flight w/ Fly and still erratic

Parkerjh

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Had a mapping mission earlier in day with DroneLink.
At end of one leg, when turning to next leg, the drone just stopped and got a message about not being able to get to next point.
I paused mission, manually flew 15' feet away and resumed without issue.

On this job, I was nearing end of mission, and same thing happened - drone just stopped.
But even after pausing mission, I could never take control.
So I initiated RTH but nothing happened and then drone started drifting away from me.

I turned off controller entirely hoping to force another RTH w/ lost link.

When I got remote back on, I switched to Fly.

Telemetry and video quality were perfect and showed good signal and perfect GPS.

I could left stick up and get altitude but no direction or any other control including gimbal angle and still slowly drifting away.

I drove as close as I could before I hit roadblocks but signal, I don't think, was an issue.

Started getting a forced landing for critical battery so got some altitude and flew away from lake I was over.

I did my best to navigate somewhere safe but was hard without being able to look down.

Finally forced landed when I couldn't keep in air any longer.

Thankfully didn't land in water or trees and was able to recover drone but I would love to know what happened.

Two logs: one from DroneLink and the other from Fly.

Had a mapping mission earlier in day with DroneLink.
At end of one leg, when turning to next leg, the drone just stopped and got a message about not being able to get to next point.
I paused mission, manually flew 15' feet away and resumed without issue.

On this job, I was nearing end of mission, and same thing happened - drone just stopped.
But even after pausing mission, I could never take control.
So I initiated RTH but nothing happened and then drone started drifting away from me.

I turned off controller entirely hoping to force another RTH w/ lost link.

When I got remote back on, I switched to Fly.

Telemetry and video quality were perfect and showed good signal and perfect GPS.

I could left stick up and get altitude but no direction or any other control including gimbal angle and still slowly drifting away.

I drove as close as I could before I hit roadblocks but signal, I don't think, was an issue.

Started getting a forced landing for critical battery so got some altitude and flew away from lake I was over.

I did my best to navigate somewhere safe but was hard without being able to look down.

Finally forced landed when I couldn't keep in air any longer.

Thankfully didn't land in water or trees and was able to recover drone but I would love to know what happened.

Two logs: one from DroneLink and the other from Fly.
Did you mean to post your logs?

This may be relevant to your situation:

Welcome to the forum SpookOz
Is there a story behind your handle?

Hmmm...I thought I did.

**EDIT - That's strange. I just clicked "Attach Files", added the two files, clicked SAVE and they didn't post again, not sure what is happening.
Sorry for the delay. I’ve been unable to process the logs by AirData. I believe these may be among the flight logs that DJI encrypt. If you contact DJI Support they should be able to read them for you. However, their support staff aren’t that good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair