DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Drone, Not Mine

H

Hidden

At 0800 this morning, while I was in the house, I hear someone yelling. I looked at the cameras, saw someone at my gate, so I armed myself (yes, that kind of neighborhood), and went out. It was a person who lives across the street, the type you keep at arms length, but keep an eye on. Anyway, he said he lost the signal to his drone. He said it was bright red, about 14 inches in diameter. I told him if he lost it in my yard, there won't be much left of it. I have 8 German Shepherds who only like me, and will destroy anything that comes in their yard, especially if they are being harassed.
I looked in the backyard, no sign of a red drone. I came back, he said it might be on my roof, it wasn't.
The drone is likely unregistered, and the pilot does not have his ticket to fly legally, and he does not know anything about a drone. It must be an inexpensive drone, since it did not RTH, and why would it loose it's signal, when where he was flying from is only 200' or less away, unless he was flying below my roofline, screwing with my dogs.
I guess he does not know when a drone loses its signal, does not have RTH, it will fly till the batteries die, and in his case likely keep going in the direction it was flying or hoovering. Why would he think it was on my roof? Likely flying just above my roof.
I hate to see him lose his drone, but there are rules and there is common sense. Maybe when the grass dries, I will wander the property again.
Oh, Sorry I haven't been around, I am just now coming out of hibernation. LOL

Reactions: Speedster 1966
Good morning to all-
Well, Brother, I think you are right on the assumption that this feller doesn't know what the (Mod Removed Language)he's doing. And I expect you're right that his drone was not much of a machine.
I suppose just to be considerate I might walk over the place to see if the body could be located and returned, but I wouldn't spend too much time and worry over it.
Sounds like a pretty rough place you live in. Birmingham maybe?

good day to all- Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hidden
Yes, I went back out, and looked around the place, and in the trees. I did not look under the house, if the dogs brought it under the house, then it's theirs, if they bring it out, I will return what's left.
Birmingham? I'd shoot myself. LOL, No, I'm in Mobile, between Dog River, and the Bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: offtheback
Good afternoon to all-
Wildrat- I know that place pretty well- some good fishing waters over that way. I'm in Bay Minette- the poor part of Baldwin County- but it's good drone flying territory- no one around who wants to bother a man who's flying and minding his own business.

And Brother, we both see Birmingham through the same eyes.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Good afternoon to all-
Wildrat- I know that place pretty well- some good fishing waters over that way. I'm in Bay Minette- the poor part of Baldwin County- but it's good drone flying territory- no one around who wants to bother a man who's flying and minding his own business.

LOL, I live in Birmingham.. Guess it depends on what part. I love it here

Good afternoon to all-

Yeah, Good ole Bay Minette, used to go camping over there many moons ago.

Reactions: GFields
LOL, I live in Birmingham.. Guess it depends on what part. I love it here
Yep, some people just moved here from B'ham. They said it had nice areas as well. I guess they were not in the right area. I think all these cities are getting bad without law enforcement.

Reactions: GFields
Good afternoon to all-

Hey hey hey, I grew up in Birmingham! Good place to fly a Drone! Just kidding! Happy flying to all!

Reactions: Hidden and GFields
What's odd about this individual, is I have not seen him searching for his drone, not in forested area behing, and beside my property. I've not seen him at all since that morning he was screeching at my gate.
If it were my drone, I would have searched those areas.
Time for me to move my body. It is 0435, and I am cycling this morning. I try to get out early to avoid humans, dogs no such luck. lol I still have fang holes in my upper calf still healing from 8 Feb.
Catch y'all later!
Oh, I have been to B'ham, two in fact, and the city in the UK back in the early 80's was nice. I've eaten at a BBQ place in the outskirts of B'ham, Al, and ridden through on my Harley years ago. The BBQ was better than the riding through. LOL
The route I planned and navigated through was not the better part of B'ham, Al.
CYA

What's odd about this individual, is I have not seen him searching for his drone, not in forested area behing, and beside my property. I've not seen him at all since that morning he was screeching at my gate.
If it were my drone, I would have searched those areas.
Time for me to move my body. It is 0435, and I am cycling this morning. I try to get out early to avoid humans, dogs no such luck. lol I still have fang holes in my upper calf still healing from 8 Feb.
Catch y'all later!
Oh, I have been to B'ham, two in fact, and the city in the UK back in the early 80's was nice. I've eaten at a BBQ place in the outskirts of B'ham, Al, and ridden through on my Harley years ago. The BBQ was better than the riding through. LOL
The route I planned and navigated through was not the better part of B'ham, Al.
CYA
One would think that he could have found his Drone easily since it’s Red! It should stand out more!

When I came home from cycling, I looked toward the back, and about 50 feet up in an oak there was something red. It was the individual's drone. I asked the individual when he was at my gate how big the drone was, he held up his hands, showing me the drone was about 12-14 inches in diameter. I am pretty sure he lies about fishing as well. The drone is tiny, and it is cheap. It does not appear to even have a camera, everything is molded together. It will likely come out of the tree the next time we have high winds. Oh, it's about 3 feet past my property line.

If its red how will you distinguish from the people down there flying overhead? Sorry just kidding but just had to throw that out there.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada