DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Drone! Second opinion wanted on flight record

Cearnzy

Reactions
Hi,

Would like a second opinion on the flight record for a our lost mavic pro would anyone care to assist?
Spent a number of hours over the weekend searching to no avail using the find my drone feature on the DJI app.
Wouldn't have thought it would be to far from the last know location!

One thing that may be an issue is that it was being flown without the remote so with the iphone only, would this effect the gps location?

Anyones thoughts please!

Flight Record attached

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-03-03_%5b17-40-31%5d.txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: WAXMAN
Did you look for it around -21.39290567, 117.3349464? It was auto landing and only 10 feet off the ground at that point.

Did you look for it around -21.39290567, 117.3349464? It was auto landing and only 10 feet off the ground at that point.[/QUOT

Thanks for the replay msinger, mate I scoured the whole area for hours on Saturday and Sunday, it is rugged land but all low lying spinifex and small shrubs.

There is no phone reception out there but like I said I was able to use the find my drone feature on the app without any map overlay!

Looking at the flight record do you think that it would be far away from that final gps point?

Is It concerning that the final altitude is -6.2ft?

Apologies for the questions I am trying to sort this for my missus.

Regards,

Looking at the flight record do you think that it would be far away from that final gps point?
Yes.

Is It concerning that the final altitude is -6.2ft?
That's not unusual since the altitude can only estimated.

The downward sensors (the "VPS Altitude" in my log viewer) show your Mavic was only 10.2 feet from the ground. Those sensors usually report good data when flying over non-reflective surfaces (like at your flying location).

So rough ball park? how far would you be looking from that GPS point 30ft? 100ft?
Obviously an educated guess!

WOW! I’ll head back out over the weekend and have a better look in that general location. I wouldn’t have thought that it would have been so accurate!

I’ll let you know how I go!

Cheers

Sounds good. Good luck!

If you have any friends with drones, or a drone group in your area, that will greatly assist in scouring the area.

Not much scouring will need to be done on this one. The Mavic should really be right at that location.

Reactions: WAXMAN and doni55
my missus was trying to return it home manually before the "Max Flight Distance Reached" alarm came up, but the wind was fighting it as you might be able to see in the track map.

shb,

Mate, I am on the reconnaissance mission I don't really know the first thing about them, you would have to ask the missus, but what I can tell you is that she tried to bring it back at the point I have marked in the photo (see attached image) but it was not reacting as it should of.

Attachments

• drone.JPG
    drone.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 74
Is it possible that the drone kept flying after connection lost?
No. It would have been on the ground after a few more seconds.

Your battery voltage seems to go up and down a lot a noticed. I'm pretty new to this so I'm not sure how accurate it is but it shows several times your voltage of each cell went up. I would not think that was possible.

You did not take off with a full battery and your battery ran down that looks like why you crashed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada