DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone trying to RTH - 'max power load reached' issue

SecureHttp

Reactions
Sadly, I've lost my mavic mini today. I was flying it and I noticed it said 'Max Power Load Reached' which is weird because I've never had that message before ever. I was about to loose signal and so I just initiated return to home, and it was returning fine, then it stopped and started drifting to the side. I do not know what to do, I tried searching for it for about 3 hours and couldn't find it.
Here are the logs, can anyone help me please?

Here are my Phantom Logs - DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
I want to know what my options are. Note: I did not put my contact details on the drone at all
sad.gif

Last edited:
Yes I have used the find my drone option, but it only shows me the last known location, but I don't know where it drifted off to. I've looked for about 3 hours and no luck. The problem is that the drone was still in the air when it lost connection, and it kept drifting away so I couldn't actually see where it went.

According to what I see from the Airdata logs there was quite strong wind up to 42 km/h from almost north direction which overloaded the motors/escs. So start from last known position searching in north-north-east direction with searching.

Hi same thing happened to me today my mavic mini just started to descend without warning or trying to RTH I was less than 200 metres away so saw it all happening on the screen. Sadly I was over the sea so just watched in horror as the sea got closer and closer and then blank. Looking at the flight log the message Max Power load reached appeared just before it decided to go down

When it lost connection, it probably continued to return to home point. From it’s last known location, beeline from there to its launch area. It’s probably between last known convection to home point.

Good luck,
paul

Sorry about that buddy. See, I'd rather I lost mine in the sea, because atleast I'd have closure, but right now I don't know what's happened to it.

Sucks though. Will you be buying a new one ?
Hi same thing happened to me today my mavic mini just started to descend without warning or trying to RTH I was less than 200 metres away so saw it all happening on the screen. Sadly I was over the sea so just watched in horror as the sea got closer and closer and then blank. Looking at the flight log the message Max Power load reached appeared just before it decided to go down

Thanks, but it was drifting, so I'm not sure if it tried to RTH or if it continued to drift away
When it lost connection, it probably continued to return to home point. From it’s last known location, beeline from there to its launch area. It’s probably between last known convection to home point.

Good luck,
paul

Sadly, I've lost my mavic mini today. I was flying it and I noticed it said 'Max Power Load Reached' which is weird because I've never had that message before ever. I was about to loose signal and so I just initiated return to home, and it was returning fine, then it stopped and started drifting to the side. I do not know what to do, I tried searching for it for about 3 hours and couldn't find it.
Here are the logs, can anyone help me please?

Here are my Phantom Logs - DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
I want to know what my options are. Note: I did not put my contact details on the drone at all
sad.gif

sorry you lost your MM several things could explain why it happened im afraid from viewing your airdata log you took off with 42% battery ,and reached a height of 333.7 ft to be honest with you the flight was doomed from the moment you took off, with less than 100% battery ,a real no go ,that coupled with your height, are what caused the issue ,at the height you were flying the wind would have been considerably stronger than at ground level ,unfortunately when you hit RTH, the low battery level, and the strong wind conspired against you, and the MM just blew away down wind, hope you do find it

If you post your flight log, SAR might be able to calculate where it might have landed using wind drift and power remaining on signal loss.

Unfortunately this one is a bit of a lottery. The wind was very gusty, with wind speeds all over the shop. However, differentiating home distance with respect to time shows that towards the end its velocity towards the home point was between ± 2 m/s.

hp_vel.png

Looking at the battery depletion rate, it would have switched to autolanding 175 seconds after the control link was lost:

Battery.png

That puts it somewhere within 350 meters of the last recorded position, broadly either towards or away from the home point, and with lateral variation based on the variation in recorded wind heading. On that map that looks like the red shaded area below:

1575245345632.jpeg

Needle in a haystack, I'd say.

Here is the data for my final flight before the mini decided to ditch in the sea.

Will I get another you asked SecureHttp, after this event, yours and several others reported on the dji forum this weekend with the same thing happening I will take some convincing that they are safe in the air.

Difficult to find a reason from the logs. But radio link strength seems to have been quite weak, maybe because you was standing more high than the Mini.
I am wondering about the charging cycles of your battery, did you really charge it already 86 times?

Definitely not, I've only had the drone for 3 weeks and haven't flow it that much, mainly on weekends. There's no way I've done 83 full charges. More like 4-5 full charges
Difficult to find a reason from the logs. But radio link strength seems to have been quite weak, maybe because you was standing more high than the Mini.
I am wondering about the charging cycles of your battery, did you really charge it already 86 times?

Unfortunately this one is a bit of a lottery. The wind was very gusty, with wind speeds all over the shop. However, differentiating home distance with respect to time shows that towards the end its velocity towards the home point was between ± 2 m/s.

View attachment 87058

Looking at the battery depletion rate, it would have switched to autolanding 175 seconds after the control link was lost:

View attachment 87059

That puts it somewhere within 350 meters of the last recorded position, broadly either towards or away from the home point, and with lateral variation based on the variation in recorded wind heading. On that map that looks like the red shaded area below:

View attachment 87060

Needle in a haystack, I'd say.
Thank you for your detailed analysis, that is very helpful. I woke up this morning to take a look and nothing. I will keep looking, it's hard because the last known location is a motorway, so hard to take a look.

Hi. ive probably confused this by adding to your original post SecureHttp as I think the 86 charges was about my log. Although my answer would be the same i cant see any way it would have been charged 86 times. ive been out maybe 8 to 10 times and then charge the batteries up before going out again

Believe it or not but mine showed a bit of the same symptoms yesterday.
I flew in the park with my son, took off with a full battery and decided to go up for some nice pictures. I cannot recall how high it was when it happened but the Mini did drift aside about 20m without any intervention from me. It looked like it was blown aside by wind and then just recovered by itself. This happened only once, for a couple of seconds at an altitude above 30m and I flew for about 40+ minutes all over the place but only in a 200m radius. I have set a 120m max altitude.

I did not lose mine, however reading about these issues, I might need to review the Logs if I got the same message. As for contact details, I've just printed some labels with a DYMO to mark mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Did you end up loosing yours too?
Believe it or not but mine showed a bit of the same symptoms yesterday.
I flew in the park with my son, took off with a full battery and decided to go up for some nice pictures. I cannot recall how high it was when it happened but the Mini did drift aside about 20m without any intervention from me. It looked like it was blown aside by wind and then just recovered by itself. This happened only once, for a couple of seconds at an altitude above 30m and I flew for about 40+ minutes all over the place but only in a 200m radius. I have set a 120m max altitude.

Reading about these issues, I might need to review the Logs if I got the same message. As for contact details, I've just printed some labels with a DYMO to mark mine.

Reactions: Questionmark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent