DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost gimbal clamp.

laura schlenker

Reactions
Dang in my excitement to fly i misplaced my gimbal clamp , is this something that should be on it when it's in the bag traveling ? of so anyone know we're I can pick up another one?

The Mavic's gimbal is very fragile, so you'll definitely want to install the gimbal lock before transporting it. DJI does not currently sell a replacement. Try contacting DJI support and see if they can send a replacement.

You can probably put a small piece of bubble wrap or other packaging material behind the gimbal during transportation until you can get a replacement clamp from DJI.

You can probably put a small piece of bubble wrap or other packaging material behind the gimbal during transportation until you can get a replacement clamp from DJI.
You think that would be OK? I called dji and they needed proof I have the Mavic so I hope they s3nd me one

Yeah.. I nearly lost mine too..

Here is my fishline hack (I fly with the dome off at all times), no drilling required.
Dome%20and%20gimbal.jpg

They are so easy to lose. If someone scans the gimbal clamp and 3d prints them, they will be making a motza **WINK WINK**..

Reactions: 604Pilot
Oh crappie I may have threw it away, is this the clamp?.

Attachments

• 20161121_201020.jpg
    20161121_201020.jpg
    974.4 KB · Views: 384
Oh crappie I may have threw it away, is this the clamp?.
Lol-nope.. that's for the prong for the power cable. Look at the pic I posted - the clamp is the plastic piece hanging.

That's not the gimbal clamp. I'm confused about what you think the gimbal clamp is and what you lost if you're not even sure what the gimbal clamp looks like.
Lol, I'm sorry that was confusing on my part. OK when we unboxed it i don't remember taking the clamp off of it... it was a crazy hectic day. but I could have swore this little piece was in the gimbal area somewhere. I'm just not sure what that piece is? and I must have threw the clamp away.

Reactions: 604Pilot
You may as check there. Keep looking. You will need it!!
Lmao I almost collapsed laughing so hard, I can't believe I kept that dang thing and my clamp went out with the trash. so hopefully dji will send me one in the mean time I'll have to figure a way to keep the gimbal steady .

I think that what you have mistaken for the gimbal clamp is the little cover for the prongs on the charger power cord. It is completely useless.

Is today April 1?

Reactions: jetyancey
Yes it was removed , we had four eager hands taking the Mavic out of the box. so I don't believe I ever saw the clamp after my husband took it off. it was accidentally thrown away. I just saw the little prong cover sitting on the shelf and not knowing what it came off of thought maybe it was a little clamp to hold the gimbal still. I realize now it isn't the clamp it's been thrown away accidentally .

I actually lost my clamp too. It's so tiny and it's somewhere in my house. Did you have any luck calling DJI? How did you replace this?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000