DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Air

Well, Most of the flight was over 1600' high, With auto landing warnings you were still flying further away @ less than 12% battery. Near 2 miles away when auto landing took place.

@sar104 or @BudWalker might be able to compute a search area.

Flights like that you are asking for trouble!

Reactions: WAXMAN
The aircraft was blown downwind:

Wspeed58.JPG

Yes, I have noticed too late that wind moves drone away... I concerned on many things and did not check distance (I presumed that drone hoovers above me)... Stupid mistake.

Good grief - you were flying at 500 m altitude in 55 mph (90km/hr) winds out of the south:

Unfortunately this aircraft almost certainly shut down and crashed from over 100m AGL. You took off around 600 m MSL, and the last recorded position, at zero battery, was around 165 m AGL due to flying over lower elevation terrain than takeoff:

Graph0.png

I would look for it around the last recorded point or maybe 10 - 20 m north of there:

screenshot233.jpg

Reactions: RodPad
Thank you for help! Do you mean to look for it in the marked area? Or 20 m around last position?

And an other question... The drone kept saying that area is not suitable for landing... Does it mean that she was close to ground?

Last edited:
Probably over trees, Or rough terrain. Be sure to look UP if Sar's location is near trees!

Thank you for help! Do you mean to look forward it in the marked area? Or 20 m around last position?

That's not a marked area - it's the shaded flight track. I suspect that the final signal loss was due to shutdown but, even if it were just signal loss, it would have continued autoland. I would look along the line under the flight path in both directions from the last point.

screenshot235.jpg

No - it was around 150 m AGL at the end.
I will defer to your greater knowledge, but my understanding was the precision landing sensors were what determined whether a spot was suitable for landing and that happens within a few feet of the ground.

I will defer to your greater knowledge, but my understanding was the precision landing sensors were what determined whether a spot was suitable for landing and that happens within a few feet of the ground.

Normally that should be true, but in this case the aircraft was nowhere near the ground.

I guess that it managed to descend as much as it could and fell. Two folding arms were folded... The last point was affected by signal loss (she continued in landing). At home I found out that battery is swollen (this is the only harm).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada