DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic mini

sch

Reactions
hi i am a very new (less than 25mins ) "pilot"
... a strong wind gust and my inexperience made me to lost my bright new Mavic mini...
can i trust the "last recorded location"?? cos i was looking at the tall trees for about 7 hours am i couldn't find it....
it there another way to locate it ?
thank you in advance

hi i am a very new (less than 25mins ) "pilot"
... a strong wind gust and my inexperience made me to lost my bright new Mavic mini...
can i trust the "last recorded location"?? cos i was looking at the tall trees for about 7 hours am i couldn't find it....
it there another way to locate it ?
thank you in advance
Sorry to hear that. But you can post your flight data here and somebody from this forum can analyze it. Thanks

The log records the flight all the way to when it crashed into the tree and the motors stopped, so it is at the location shown below. It was at a height of 10 meters when the motors (and the log) stopped, but it was still descending (i.e. falling). Whether it reached the ground is not recorded, but it is in or under that tree.

1594500488586.png

And by the way - wind was not a factor. It was fully under control and you flew it backwards into the tree.

Vel_forwards.png

thank you sar104. (i had a message to reduce flight height due to strong winds, but i guess i messed up... )
Here is a list of all "log like" files.
is there is something else that it can be helpful, to sent ?

Attachments

• files.txt
    27.9 KB · Views: 6
If this didn't happen long ago and it is possible the drone still has power, go to those houses or that river bed, with a torch, and activate the "find my drone" feature.
Front page of the app -> profile -> find my drone.
Don't get an angry home owner chasing you as a suspected burglar.
I believe the drone beeps, I'm deaf so not relevant to me, and flashes its lights.
See if you can see an image on the phone's screen, slowly wave the torch at the trees, you might see the torch beam on the phone's screen, if so follow the beam to the drone. I did a similar thing using the end of a brush shaft.
unfortunately it run out of battery but i used the "find my drone" and i can manage to hear from far away the beep so i end up at this area ... i had do visual contact after the reduce flight height message ....

Reactions: itsneedtokno
thank you sar104. (i had a message to reduce flight height due to strong winds, but i guess i messed up... )
Here is a list of all "log like" files.
is there is something else that it can be helpful, to sent ?

The original txt file that you posted was perfectly sufficient. As I said - it's in or under that tree. Did you search there?

The original txt file that you posted was perfectly sufficient. As I said - it's in or under that tree. Did you search there?
yes ... for many many hours... i used and binoculars too but nothing... i ll go again at the morning.... and after .....i hope to post my first picture !

yes ... for many many hours... i used and binoculars too but nothing... i ll go again at the morning.... and after .....i hope to post my first picture !

Apparently they can be hard to find when hiding in trees.

hmmmm.... maybe i could see it from above using another drone ... but no friends with drones available.... if i can manage to find it i ll paint it fluorescent orange ;);););)

The log records the flight all the way to when it crashed into the tree and the motors stopped, so it is at the location shown below. It was at a height of 10 meters when the motors (and the log) stopped, but it was still descending (i.e. falling). Whether it reached the ground is not recorded, but it is in or under that tree.

View attachment 107530

And by the way - wind was not a factor. It was fully under control and you flew it backwards into the tree.

View attachment 107532
Oops?

Glad you got it back !!

hi ! Happy ending!!
here is the... "rescue". Thank you all !!

Okay - so you had some resources available. Did you see it from the ground first, before you called in the heavy equipment, or was that a search and rescue operation?

Blooming Nora! Anyone else thinking "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Thunderbirds are go!"

Nice to see a good result, is it damaged at all?

Reactions: sch

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo